Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** SCROLL TO POST #112, 144, 149, 152 OF THIS THREAD FOR NEW PICTURES ***

So i was cleaning my car on the weekend and I decided that I want to make a cover for the cubby in the middle of the center of the dash. So i made a rough mock up of what i want to do. I plan on moving the "CALIBER" badge to the door of the cubby once it is painted and installed

When it is open (down) it will kind of look like this.

And then i thought, why not do "that" cubby that i have never used where the boost gauge goes in the SRT4:

Again, these are just ROUGH mock ups, i will eventually paint them to match the silverish colour of the dash.

Do you guys have any Ideas? Opinions? Suggestions? Pointers? Let me know:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Re: Project Ideas (pics inside)

Cool, Nice touch. Where did you get the "CALIBER" lettering???

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

black-sxt-sport said:
Cool, Nice touch. Where did you get the "CALIBER" lettering???
off the back of my car lol:D

personally i dont like having badges except for the rams head on my car so i took off the rest of 'em. The "DODGE" one under the cubby to the left of the steering wheel is from the back of my car as well, but only calibers not sold in the states get it. but u can apparently buy it at an american dealer

·
Banned
252 Posts

would definately clean up the dash lines. Not a bad idea. Might have to try that myself. If you found a car that already does that, try going to the manufacturer and buying the brackets. Or if one opens up, just flip them around. I like the idea. I'm gonna look into it more.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

HighestCaliber07 said:
would definately clean up the dash lines. Not a bad idea. Might have to try that myself. If you found a car that already does that, try going to the manufacturer and buying the brackets. Or if one opens up, just flip them around. I like the idea. I'm gonna look into it more.
ya my only thing that i thought of with using an already madebracket/hinge setup was that the majority of openings like this are at least twice the size. So i will keep looking, my car goes in to get teh new bumper tomorrow but otherwise i have all week off!!! So i am hoping to get it done this week if at all possible

·
Registered
294 Posts

If you want an idea for a hinge, try looking for the ones they use for glass doors. Basically they look like a channel with 2 set screws (to hold the glass) and then a small pin at the bottom edge. I used them when making my console for the Xterra and they worked out perfectly.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

xcanuk said:
If you want an idea for a hinge, try looking for the ones they use for glass doors. Basically they look like a channel with 2 set screws (to hold the glass) and then a small pin at the bottom edge. I used them when making my console for the Xterra and they worked out perfectly.
might you have pictures of this? Im really interested:D
i wanted to start this tomorrow but the dealer cant get a decent body shop so i have to take my car back again tomorrow to get the new bumper repainted again.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts

Interesting project and ideas. The cubby is one spot that I'd really like to work on myself. It's too high and nothing to keep it secured from falling out, wish the A/C controls was flip flopped with the cubby. The photoshop idea looks neat.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

HICal said:
Interesting project and ideas. The cubby is one spot that I'd really like to work on myself. It's too high and nothing to keep it secured from falling out, wish the A/C vent was flip flopped with the cubby. The photoshop idea looks neat.
that was another idea that i had, to flip the cubby and the a/c controls, but we will see how adventurious when i actually do the project lol. It might even allow me to make the cubby bigger?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

Yeah i like that better. Looks cool that way. Just picture the magnum/300 style temp controls instead!

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Fingernipp said:
Yeah i like that better. Looks cool that way. Just picture the magnum/300 style temp controls instead!
actually funny you should mention that, i was just looking for a decent picture to try and chop the sebring/avenger/nitro climate control knobs to see what that would look like.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts

That's nice, it makes more sense being that way.

·
Registered
11 Posts

How did you remove the badges from the rear of your vehicle? I really hate badges. And the dealer sticker.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

redsxt said:
How did you remove the badges from the rear of your vehicle? I really hate badges. And the dealer sticker.
goo gone and a bit of dental floss. But mainly the goo gone, I just poured a little amount on and then let it sit for a minute and then took the dental floss and carefully and slowly took the badges off. Not sure what kind of dealer advertising you have but most stickers that i have found just come off and dont leave anything behind.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

xcanuk said:
Bump for pics of this idea:D

1 - 20 of 156 Posts