Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there are posts about the DRL's out there but this one is different. I am looking to install a red strobe kit and i do not want to have to drill holes. I do not have DRL's so i figure the holes will just be plugged off. Could someone tell me where these holes are and the EXACT diameter of them??? Thanks to all in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
DRLs don't use seperate bulbs. They use the regular headlight bulbs, just trun them on when the car is started. No extra holes for them in the light housing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The DRL system just runs the high-beams at 60% power, no extra holes.

(Be carefull with red strobes, illegal in all 50 states without permit)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no holes, damn!!! o well, just have to figure out something else.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Going off of the red = illegal post. You could use amber and be A OK to use them on the street. You know, cause amber = safety :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Amandyke said:
Going off of the red = illegal post. You could use amber and be A OK to use them on the street. You know, cause amber = safety :)
Actually, I think anything at all that strobes/flashes very fast or brightly, is illegal for street use when the car is moving. Sitting in a parking lot is a different story...

J

·
Registered
447 Posts
jmettee said:
Actually, I think anything at all that strobes/flashes very fast or brightly, is illegal for street use when the car is moving. Sitting in a parking lot is a different story...

J
Ambers should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts