Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is to hoping that IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 did not suffer the wrath of the CEO of DC this morning (Feb 14). The lads and lassies of the working force at DC just dropped in numbers by 13,000. Not good news at all for those affected.

·
Registered
246 Posts
coastal cali said:
Well here is to hoping that IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 did not suffer the wrath of the CEO of DC this morning (Feb 14). The lads and lassies of the working force at DC just dropped in numbers by 13,000. Not good news at all for those affected.
It's all here in post #8 http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3547. Not all bad news, but enough to be concerned about for sure if you're a DCX employee. I prefer to think of it as a recovery measure. Good luck to IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 and all the other fine people working for DCX.

Medic

·
Registered
721 Posts
I luckily am safe since I am part of the Mercedes Group. The only cuts we've had have been in Germany. The Belvidere facility from what I've heard is going full tilt making cars and SUVs (cant call a jeep a car and feel right), so they should be alright.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They announced here that they are cutting a shift in the Newark, Delaware plant and by 2008 the plan will be idled, IE no plans to add another vehicle.

The plant makes the Durango.

Given the delays that have pushed me to buy something else instead of a Caliber I don't know why they don't start plans to push out more production of vehicles that people actually want.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If they'd built B17's like this we'd all be speaking German. Three plants were turning them out and it was something people wanted (Hell, there's probably STILL a market for them :D ).

Dave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts