1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called DCX on Monday (July 3) to see if there is an updated status on my
car now that we are in July. The girl on the phone never asked for my
VON or anything. She immediately wanted my phone number, name, address
and the name of the dealership. She asked to me to hang on several times.
No big deal. She finally comes back and gives me a status of BX and tells
me not to call DCX anymore, to call my dealer for an updated status. I said
'um, ok' and hung up. I don't mind calling the dealership, in fact I call them
right after calling DCX to see if stories jive. Anyway, does anyone know why
she told me to stop calling her and to call the dealership? Weird.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's prolly out of the factory and already on its way to the dealer. Since dealers are in charge of shipping and have all that information, it'd prolly be easier for a dealer to find the shipping info for you one its on a train/truck/boat, whichever combination of those. DCX doesnt look after it once its produced. On a more positive note, if you're in North America, it should be there within the week!

·
Registered
131 Posts
That is pretty much the same response I got from DCX. A few days later I was driving my car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I hope you're right.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You guys aren't suppose to call DCX for your Car status. All they do is call t he dealer and find out whats going on and then informs us to call you.

·
Registered
377 Posts
There have been several post here showing us how to call. I was under the impression that the dealer got their info from DCX. It wouldn't make sense that the DCX customer service would know LESS than the dealer.

·
Registered
911 Posts
My dealer said that they don't always know the status of their ordered vehicles. I don't know where you get the idea Steve that you're not supposed to call DCX for you order status. Even the Dodge Info Center people here encourage it. I've never had anyone tell me not to call them for a status. I've even had the people at the Dodge Info Center tell me to call back later in the week or next week for a new status. And they do NOT call the dealer to find out the status. They get your VON or VIN and look it up in the computer. Some misinformation there....

No offense here, but I've pretty much figured out that if you get a woman on the phone, you're better off to hang up and call back. I've never gotten any useful information out them. When I called today, I talked to a guy and I was on the phone with him for a minute max. I didn't have to explain what kind of car I had, or answer the question of what YEAR and totally brand new car was! I have to laugh when they ask that. Like DUH! Its a brand new car, of course is a 2007. I was thinking one of these times I'd say it was a 2005 Caliber just to throw them for a loop.

The dealer does get their information from DCX. Usually they have a sheet with all of their orders on them and it tells the status of all of their orders. I've seen the sheet my dealer has before.

·
Registered
105 Posts
how does your dealer not know the status of your car. Things in the US must we way different then Canada. I can give someone there status anytime in less a few clicks.

·
Registered
911 Posts
My dealer gets a sheet (probably faxed or pulled from the computer database via the internet) from DCX. But that sheet isn't always updated, and/or they don't always get an updated sheet. DCX does NOT call your dealer to get the status of a car when you call DCX for your order status. What I mean about the order status is that my dealer only knows that my Caliber is in D status and thats it. They don't get build dates, ship dates, etc... Basically all they get is a letter status unless their zone manager gives them more information.

Must be different in the US....

·
Registered
173 Posts
The reason the call center asks for model year is because they have to enter model year (6 / 7), the body model (pmd for FWD / pme for AWD), and the VON to pull up the information. If you happen to have a VIN, you can give them that and they can pull it up, also.

The reason the call center couldn't find alot of your cars is because they were entering 7 as the model year. If they would have entered model year 6, your VON would have showed up. In DCX's system, units ordered before before June were ordered as a 2006 model year. Currently, all orders marked sold have been converted to the 2007 model year in the system (except for yellow). All others were cancelled.

·
Registered
105 Posts
you won't get a build date when its in D status. But once it gets to D1 I can give the customer a Build date and a ship date. US dealers should be able to do the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts