Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i just went out to start my car.... and i had a dead battery.... which i find really wierd since its a new car... so we jump start it and everything is fine, no warning lamps or anything... i try to drive it... and there is NO power at all... wont even go past 1500 rpm when in gear. So i turned it off, and turned it back on to make sure it would restart. It restarted, and at that point i got a Check Engine Lamp. i went through the procedure to get the code, and it started going through the check, and it came back with no codes... so i have no idea whats going on. am going to have it towed to the dealer first thing tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmmmmmmm . . . yes. I've seen this before . . . it was in a movie, where this alien from another planet, in a demonstration of authority, shuts off the power to everything on earth. Nobody could start their cars, radio, television or nothing. But thats probably not whats happening in your case.

·
Registered
294 Posts
solution could be as simple as checking the battery clamps, although the 1500 rpm limit sounds like a fail safe feature.

·
Registered
277 Posts
sherdog, i agree. Stevo, ur an ass. LOL

·
Registered
81 Posts
stevo said:
Hmmmmmmm . . . yes. I've seen this before . . . it was in a movie, where this alien from another planet, in a demonstration of authority, shuts off the power to everything on earth. Nobody could start their cars, radio, television or nothing. But thats probably not whats happening in your case.
Klaatu barada nikto?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Was talking with a friend and this thread came to mind, I have to check the manual myself, but are there any guidelines to boosting the Caliber?

When they boosted a Chrysler/Dodge, they connected batteries (-/+ correctly) and ended up frying some components, apparently there is a dedicated spot for the negative (not to the battery)

Nevermind, manual says its safe for straight battery connections.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Klaatu barada nikto

"The day the Earth Stood Still"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts