Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchsed my new R/T I asked the dealer about the DVD system. I was told it's $1400 installed by them. Same system that goes in the Nitro. I am considering it however I wonder how it looks and how it functions in a smaller vehicle. I don't want my kids to have to crane their neck and also it may be over bearing if it's a large box mounted to the headliner.

Does anyone have one installed?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
CaliberChic said:
When I purchsed my new R/T I asked the dealer about the DVD system. I was told it's $1400 installed by them. Same system that goes in the Nitro. I am considering it however I wonder how it looks and how it functions in a smaller vehicle. I don't want my kids to have to crane their neck and also it may be over bearing if it's a large box mounted to the headliner.

Does anyone have one installed?
i get mine in july but not from a dealer as the price is way to hight i have a local customshop that charges 500 installt for the same think ,look around and compare,Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
there are alof of aftermarket options that you could go with for that kind of $$$. If i were you I would buy a new head unit that has rca outputs/ ebay headrest color matched monitors/ and either a small dvd player like one that blaupunkt sells or a slim ps2. then go have it all installed.. will be less than the 1400$. all reversable/ looks better/sounds better/ and you get 2 screens.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wouldn't get an overhead unit in a car. I'd opt to get the dual dvd headrest system... I have one in my RT and it's great. The kids have the monitors perfectly at their viewing height and don't have to get stiff necks and they each can watch their own movie.

The only safe thing about having the dvd installed by the dealer is that they don't give you issue's later on if you have some kind of problem with your car. If you have it installed by another place, they will almost 100% of the time blame your car issue's on that install..

Good Luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
twoxlozer said:
Where did you get the dual dvd headrest system at?
I bought it from Audiovox. I work for a rep. firm that sells Audiovox so I bought it that way almost 2 years ago. It's custom for my car, well it was custom for my durango. Grey cloth interior. But I managed to get the same color in my caliber so it matches almost like it came that way. and almost all dodge seats are made the same so the fit was perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts