Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to two dealers today and they both said, my car doesn't have the F29 recall. It's an 07 and was bulit in August or so. I still hear the noise for sure though. Any suggestions on what to do. They looked up my VIN and there's no recall.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
dgksleeper said:
I talked to two dealers today and they both said, my car doesn't have the F29 recall. It's an 07 and was bulit in August or so. I still hear the noise for sure though. Any suggestions on what to do. They looked up my VIN and there's no recall.
Unless the dealer wants to do it as a courtesy, there is no F29 recall for your vehicle. It should have came from the factory with the updated software. What gas do you run? Brand and octane?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Krogers gas which from what I understand is BP. I have a freind that works for BP. He told me that their 87 octane is actually 89. mI always use regular in the Caliber. I'm only on my second fill up.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Yeah, the F29 recall was for those Calibers built in a specific time frame, after that date Calibers should have left the assembly plant with it already installed. That is probably why yours doesn't have the symtoms of the recall, which is a good thing.:)

HSKR is right too, if there was a recall that included your Caliber, you should have received something in the mail regaring it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does this mean I don't have the problem ?? I swear I hear it once it's warmed up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kinda but I wasn't sure what is was yet so nothibg was said by them. I have to go back soon so I will defintely get a little more detailed on them this time. I will have the tech listen with me.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
dgksleeper said:
Kinda but I wasn't sure what is was yet so nothibg was said by them. I have to go back soon so I will defintely get a little more detailed on them this time. I will have the tech listen with me.
Yeah, that would be a good thing to do as well. Let us know how you make out and what they say!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts