Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how many others out there are like me and requested the dealership to make sure their sticker/logo not be on your Caliber, even the license plate covers. I do not have their name/logo anywhere on my car. :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I always request the same thing, But this had it on it already:mad:. I dont feel the need to give any dearlership FREE advertising.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
I have no problem with the plate frame IF they treat me right and it doesnt damage my vehicle, the plate frame that was on the truck was rubbing against the paint and causing rust to start, and i did not like the dealer any more since they denied my warranty work. on the van i took the sticker off after the dealer made it obvious to us that they are a bunch of scum bags lol. - no damage from this one just i had to take their sticker off

·
Registered
65 Posts
I always make sure thats on the contract. No advertising of any kind on the vehicle..

·
Registered
432 Posts
If you catch them early enough warm water helps remove any that have been applied.

Where the dealer has a stake in the vehicle I would not object to a sticker. But when I pay cash or finance elsewhere I insist that there be no sticker or that they remove one that has been applied.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I hate those dang things. I told them NOT to put one on when we ordered it, but they forgot. It was snowing when we picked it up and I didn't want to make them peel it off. I'll just do it myself ;)

Chanda

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine came with license plate frames, but those came off quick. No stickers were affixed to my Caliber :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
No ads on my Caliber. If they pay me then I'll leave the sticker on... and I tell them that... and sometimes they makes attempts at acting like I'm crazy but I simply act like they are the ones who are crazy (they usually back down real quick when that happens... or I walk).

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Mine only came with the license plate frames which got removed and replaced by Nebraska Blackshirt license plate frames withing a month. I won't leave dealer license plate frames on. I'd rather run without a frame than to have a dealer one on the car. My '99 Dakota came with an emblem from the dealer. Wasn't a sticker, was a raised chrome emblem. I wasn't removed for a while because it really didn't bother me to much. I was in California, the dealer was in Nebraska, and I was proud of buying my truck in Nebraska. Amazing how many people I met who knew where the dealer was.

·
Registered
82 Posts
haha,

got mine through AAFES car sales and it's Euro tagged so none of those problems on mine. I like that but I do recommend them to everyone, I had a great experience and was happy with the price, got my SXT pretty much loaded out, minus Cruise and BA audio system only for 16,700 and we don't pay tax on it:)

Can't complain:) They could put a sticker on it for all I care, but I'm very happy they didn't, I've actually been contemplating debadging the whole car as that's usually one of my first things, jsut haven't did it so far on this one.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've left the plate frames. The "very tacky" dealer decal was removed promptly. It only took one " I don't want to discuss this any further look" for the decal to come off. I appreciated their well considered lack of objection to my demand on this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
not only do i got the frame....i got the sticekrs too..BUT i lef the frame..for now and took the stickers off......its was a must.. i bought a black sxt sport and they put on of all colors yellow sticker....yup....

·
Registered
340 Posts
No stickers. Dealer license plate frame only, black with white letters.

We don't mind, dealer gave us a good deal, dealt with them before. Gotta keep them in business too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
When we bought our Caliber, the salesman took the sticker off without any objection. He was a very cool guy, and he even mentioned that he didn't like them either.
But, a few years ago, when I bought a 2001 Pontiac Firebird, I asked for the dealer stickers to be removed and caught all kinds of hell for it. The salesman didn't want to do it, so I told him to let me talk to his boss. He even gave me a hard time about it, saying "What's the big deal?" I told him I was buying a $30,000 car from him, so the car better be the way I want it. He still kept giving me excuses, so I said, well, the dealership down the road has the same car, so I guess I'll go see them. He changed his tune quickly at the mention of the competitors. Turns out, I got the stickers taken off, a free detail job, and a full tank of gas before I even left the dealership.

I'm just that way. I don't mind having the car's emblems, but I have never put a bumper sticker or anything like that on any vehicle I've owned. I just like a very clean, sleek look, so you pay attention to the car, and not all that other stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I ordered mine I specified that I didn't want them to put the dealership sticker on the car when it arrived. When I went to pick it up, it had the sticker on it. I told the salesman about it and had him take it around to the shop to have them remove it before I left the lot. Also, no plate frames on mine. I'm like a lot of you, i'm not going to advertise a dealership for free.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I told them not to put one on my car. The guy I delt with wrote it on the contract, he also put it on the folder all of my paper work was in with a large marker.

I told them they could put the plate from on if they wanted to though. I figured it wouldn't hurt, and I didn't have anything else to put on at the time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
the dealer tried to pull a quick one on me. while i was signing all the paperwork, they were detailing my car. i told them no sticker or anything. when it came back up front, it had a sticker. saleman tried to play off like he didnt hear me the first time. needless to say my car had no sticker or frame when i rolled out the dealership.:D

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm happy to hear so many of you feel like I do. I've even found people that said they didn't know you could get it without the dealership sticker. :eek:

I'd like to see the day when the dealerships respect us as a customer enough to ASK us before doing it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts