Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a SXT about 3 weeks ago. I was sure when i first got it that my headlights would come on for about 90 sec's when i used my keyless entry to lock the car.

It is only doing it when i unlock my car. Did it do it before when i locked the car ?

I dont know if my keyless entry has messed up or what.
thanks inadvance :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks they do, but I thought they stayed on when i locked the car or turned the lights off?

hmmmm

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think it depends on a certain sequence. Since my wife drives the car, I'm not exactly sure what she does. It fooled with me when we first got it & she figured it out. She's asleep now or else I'd ask her.

J

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think if you shut the car off BEFORE the lights, they will stay on for a bit after you lock it. That's how my dad's Intrepid functioned and I'm betting it's the same. I haven't tested this theory though ;)

Chanda

·
Registered
414 Posts
Chanda said:
I think if you shut the car off BEFORE the lights, they will stay on for a bit after you lock it. That's how my dad's Intrepid functioned and I'm betting it's the same. I haven't tested this theory though ;)

Chanda
That is exactly what it does. There is a setting in the EVIC display on our R/T that we could specify the duration they will stay on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, i'll have to give that a try!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Chanda said:

Chanda
Yep, that's it. Asked the wife this morning & that't the trick.

And I'm pretty sure I didn't see that in the manual either....something you gotta learn for yourself (although not that much of a brain buster). :)

J

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jmettee

thanks, i'll try and remember that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mr_badda_bing said:
That is exactly what it does. There is a setting in the EVIC display on our R/T that we could specify the duration they will stay on.
Hmm didnt work :mad:
Went out to tim's for coffee, when I came back I turned off the car then the headlights and nothing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been following this thread and it didn't work for me either. However, I had a Chrysler 300 while my Cali was in the shop and it did work on the 300. Go figure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took my cali in yesterday and they reset the headlights( via the computer system) they work find now.
I turn off my car then my lights. they now stay on for 90sec after i'm out of the car.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
A minute an a half seem like long time to be peering out the window hoping they turn off. Especialy if it's 20 below outside and your worrying your battery will be dead in the morning.:eek:

·
Registered
111 Posts
1SXYcaliber said:
I took my cali in yesterday and they reset the headlights( via the computer system) they work find now.
I turn off my car then my lights. they now stay on for 90sec after i'm out of the car.
It's funny you should mention this because my Caliber no longer keeps the lights on after shutoff for a few moments. It did for the first week or so, but now they just stay off when I lock the door. Do I have to have the headlights reset like you did? It's not a big deal to me, but it's just odd that it stopped doing it after a week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
xlimodriver said:
A minute an a half seem like long time to be peering out the window hoping they turn off. Especialy if it's 20 below outside and your worrying your battery will be dead in the morning.:eek:
But they will only stay on *i beleive * if you turn your headlights off after turn the car off,
I think its a great feature for night, more so when you've been away all day and forgot to leave your outisde light on.
I guess if the battery dies, I have warranty and its their issue, cause they arent working like they should right ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mikeyg4l said:
It's funny you should mention this because my Caliber no longer keeps the lights on after shutoff for a few moments. It did for the first week or so, but now they just stay off when I lock the door. Do I have to have the headlights reset like you did? It's not a big deal to me, but it's just odd that it stopped doing it after a week.
Had the same issue, they just stopped working. I took the car in and they just reset hte computer, you have the option of 30,60 or 90 sec's for the lights to remain on. Its not a big deal and took about 20 mins. No charge because its a warranty issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts