Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long has it been taking for DCX to build your car? I placed my order 11-22-2006, and when I called 1-800-853-1403 eventually they told me that it was in D status, then later they gave me an "Estimated build date of 1-18-2007", but now they only say that it is in D status? :confused:

Does it take more time to get on the schedule because it is an R/T AWD? What is everyone else experiancing for delivery times?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I placed my order on 1-3-07, and they told me on Thursday that it was in D status. I was not given a build date. Mine's also an R/T AWD.

I guess what I'm saying is that I have no real answers, but that we're probably in similar boats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
We ordered ours on May 1 & didn't get it until mid-October. 6 whole months!

And that was when they were only building Calibers in the Belvidere plant....before they were building the Patrioit & Compass in the same plant.

So there is no definite answer. You just have to be patient & don't bother your dealer about it. Contacting the dealer more than once a week or 2 is bothersome & doesn't help the situation any.

J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jmettee said:
We ordered ours on May 1 & didn't get it until mid-October. 6 whole months!

And that was when they were only building Calibers in the Belvidere plant....before they were building the Patrioit & Compass in the same plant.

Now they are running 3 shifts so the productin numbers shuold be up to compensate for that.

So there is no definite answer. You just have to be patient & don't bother your dealer about it. Contacting the dealer more than once a week or 2 is bothersome & doesn't help the situation any.

That is why today was the first time I contacted the dealer, and also why I call the 800# to Chrysler directly

J
It just dont make sence why someone was able to give an estimated build date and now they no longer have that info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jolie salsera said:
I placed my order on 1-3-07, and they told me on Thursday that it was in D status. I was not given a build date. Mine's also an R/T AWD.

I guess what I'm saying is that I have no real answers, but that we're probably in similar boats.
Mabe now that they are out of Christmas shutdown, and have 3 shifts running they are back on track. Mabe the time that mine will take will give you an idea of how long it takes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The salesman origionally told me 8 weeks, and another salesmen tell me typically 6-8 weeks, with the Christmas shutdown taking a week in the middle of that I assume 9 weeks. I wonder if the R/T AWD adds time?

I just got back from the dealership askign them for the first time and found out that they show an estimated ship date of 1-23-2007, but a current status of D. It would make sence that 1-17-2007 could be a build date and it take until 1-23-2007 for it to get from body shop until being ready to ship, but that still does not make sence why they gave me the build date and no longer know about it. They are totally comptuerized, they could have a web app I can lookup the status my self online.

Anyway, I may have it by the end of the month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
You're worrying about it too much. Just know that it is supposed to be frustrating. UPS can track a single box in realtime going clear across the country with great accuracy, but Dodge cannot pinpoint the production & ship date of cars. It's just the reality of it right now. Just about everyone on this forum that ordered a Caliber has going through this pinball effects of build status.

Bottom line, you will likely be frustrated & get no clear answers from the dealer or the DCX help center. In my case, the dealer always had better info than the DCX help line.

So bottom line, don't hold you breath on scheduled build dates. However after you have a built & complete status, you can start to get excited then. However in our case, it too 2 months to get to us from build date until it hit the dealer. Still not sure what the hold up was. No one could ever identify the issue.

J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know, just dont understand how one guy can have an estimated build date, and now no one else has one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
I think there is probably all kinds of dates on the forms customer care sees, and they want you out of their hair as soon as possible, so they give you one of those dates that sound good, then next time you might get someone that actually understands the numbers and gives you correct information, or again bad information. I really don't think they have a clue really, just a vague idea until its actually built.

Best sources for information:
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268
and
playB0Y42
(if he is still around, used to work for a dealer group, very good info from him)

PM either or both and see if they can find out some info for you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ejfb said:
I think there is probably all kinds of dates on the forms customer care sees, and they want you out of their hair as soon as possible, so they give you one of those dates that sound good, then next time you might get someone that actually understands the numbers and gives you correct information, or again bad information. I really don't think they have a clue really, just a vague idea until its actually built.

Best sources for information:
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268
and
playB0Y42
(if he is still around, used to work for a dealer group, very good info from him)

PM either or both and see if they can find out some info for you
I have dont that 2 times now and not gotten a responce.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
I can only see if the car has been built or is currently being built. If I'm working when it's built I'd be happy to give it a good look over for any obvious problems as it passes through my area. When I'm not fixing something I try to inspect all the cars that come by for problems not just problems from my area but others areas as well. Quality and value is the key to happy customers.

Buy what you build....and I have! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, Awesome!!! marine blue, R/T AWD, esp, yes, driver convience group, security group, No leather or sunroof. Give you the vin whan I get it.

Thank you!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Mine is steel blue, r/t AWD, ESP, YES, heated seats, musicgate...
I have the VIN. Do you want me to PM it or post it?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They told me it was almost to d1 status
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top