Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been waiting 3 weeks for my order, the guy at the dealership said information on dates of shipment would be ready and confirmed today, but he says now it looks like he wont find out until next week..

PLUS the rims i ordered have to come from Toronto and thats gonna be 3-4 week wait..

sigh*** :(

im so impatient

·
Registered
5 Posts
um ya .. i want to get an r/t in august.. .should i be ordering this now.. cause my currant vechile wont pass inspection in august so i need the caliber by the end of august..

order asap?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yea, I would definitely go ahead and order. That is only 2 months away and most of us have a 2 month wait. So if you want to order, and not buy whatever they have off the lot, to make sure you get the exact car you want, I would go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Agreed. The wait time has been increasing each month.

What rims did you get?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was told by the Dealerships I went to this weekend that they cannot customer order anything. We tried to do it from one salesman's computer and it came up with: Unable to custom order at this time. So we had to look through his book of everything they had in the pipeline and nothing fit what I wanted... so went to another Dealership... :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
kirthew said:
I was told by the Dealerships I went to this weekend that they cannot customer order anything. We tried to do it from one salesman's computer and it came up with: Unable to custom order at this time. So we had to look through his book of everything they had in the pipeline and nothing fit what I wanted... so went to another Dealership... :)
I think someone else posted the same thing within in the last few days, that custom orders are closed right now.

Think about it!! That article on sales figures says there are over 48,000 dealer orders in queue. (In the News thread, titled "Caliber: Small car, big sales", http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862) Putting custom orders in the mix slows down dealer orders, or if at the end of the queue the wait would be abominably long. Plus they are trying to ramp up for a second vehicle. Makes sense (at least to me) that custom ordering is curtailed while they catch up on the queue and get the Compass going.

Your best bet is to get on a waiting list with at least one dealership so they can be on the lookout for a Caliber with options close to what you want. The reasoning being... At the speed these cars are flying off the lot, one you would like might come in and be gone before you get a chance to check back with that dealer again. Being on a waiting list for certain options should improve your chances.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
i've been waiting 6 months... december 14th i ordered... still waiting it's looking like another month before i have the damn thing...

·
Registered
901 Posts
mudstone said:
i've been waiting 6 months... december 14th i ordered... still waiting it's looking like another month before i have the damn thing...
You do realize that's because you ordered a 5-speed, which the plant wasn't going to be making for months??

EDIT (after reading another thread): ... or the fact that your car needs the folding mirrors, which also weren't going to be on the line for months...?

·
Registered
506 Posts
my car doesn't need the folding mirrors.... i am a US soldier stationed in germany.. and Status of Forces Agreement says my US SPEC that means no folding mirrors... Dodge Caliber is okay for me to drive... when i bought the car i didn't know they weren't gonna produce the 5 spd at the beggining

·
Banned
25 Posts
Has anyone ever thought of getting their stockers powder coated? I been thinking of having those 19 inch stock rims powder coated black once I get a hold of a SRT-4. Then having the SRT Etching colored in red.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We ordered a Marine Blue Pearl R/T on April 1st/06 and we still
probably have a month wait to go.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I *wanted* a loaded R/T, but for one, I couldn't afford it, and two, no dealerships even HAD an R/T available. Everyone was sold out. I took what I could get - had to add a sunroof, still have to add cruise control (this should be standard, dontcha think?) Wanted the spiffier seats and kickbutt rims, but oh well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
rluna559 said:
Has anyone ever thought of getting their stockers powder coated? I been thinking of having those 19 inch stock rims powder coated black once I get a hold of a SRT-4. Then having the SRT Etching colored in red.
You may want to start a new post about this, it's a bit OT here. You will get more replies if you do a new post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts