Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would one of our German friends be so kind as to help me with translating my service receipt? My wife took the Caliber in today for it's 6,000 mile service to the Dodge dealer in Kaiserslautern. It cost 139,86€ and I got an itemized receipt. The only problem is I can't read Deutsche, so I'm not sure what work was done. The receipt reads:

1.) 6000 ml Service durchgeführt..........97,50€
2.) Altölentsorgung..............................4,30€

3.) FILTER MOTOROEL..........................8,49€
4.) SCHEIBENKLAR...............................4,73€
5.) BREMSENREINIGER 500.....................2,13€
6.) POLSCHUTZ 150 ML.........................3,42€

Numbers 1 and 3 I can figure out fairly easily, #1 is labor for the 6,000 mile service check and #3 is the oil filter, but I have no idea what the rest of the stuff is. If I had been the one to take the car in, I would have asked what everything was, but the wife took it in and didn't bother to ask.

Are these prices reasonable for what was done?

BTW, if those numbers don't seem to add up to 139,86€, that's because I didn't include the 19,29€ for the 16% tax. Also, you'll notice that there is no charge for oil, that's because oil is cheaper if I buy it on base and the mechanic suggested I bring my own to save money.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
1.) 6000 ml Service durchgeführt..........97,50€ 6000 mile service
2.) Altölentsorgung..............................4,30€ old oil removal

3.) FILTER MOTOROEL..........................8,49€ oil filter l
4.) SCHEIBENKLAR...............................4,73€ they cleant your windows
5.) BREMSENREINIGER 500.....................2,13€ Break cleaning
6.) POLSCHUTZ 150 ML.........................3,42€ and they spray your seats with some stain protection,
7.) get srewt buy a german dealer priceless
hope this helps ,but hats gracy way to much money,cheers thomas
same service i just paid $45 canadian

·
Registered
111 Posts
tupmeier said:
hope this helps ,but hats gracy way to much money,cheers thomas same service i just paid $45 canadian
Nope, that's not crazy. I have to pay 164 € (=200 US$) for 15000 km maintenance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Damn right you're lucky. You don't want to know just how we are almost forced to bend over.

A "Pit-Stop" costs €125
A "A-Service" costs €180
A "B-Service" costs €385

All prices incl. tax. And thats after we've paid about € 4000 more than most other european countries for the car due to local car tax. (only Finland is worse off).

Dave.

·
Registered
160 Posts
.50 said:
How do you say "bend over" in German?? They charge you to clean the glass??
"bück dich" is the german counterpart for bend over - but in most cases,the stealer doesn't ask you to bend over before he f**** you ;)

As for the window cleaning thing - it was not the cleaning he was charged for, it was the re-fill of the cleaner - no steal either though :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
for future reference, I've been at Ramstein for 2 plus years now and I just used Alta Vista's babel fish for translation's, search for it, it's spot on man.

L8r

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Where do you work at Ramstein? I was in 1CBCS over there for four years before moving to Einsiedlerhof in '04.

There are a few Calibers running around Ramstein, which one is yours?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well,

While we were'nt the first Caliber at Ramstein, we were the first Sport that came in over here with the Rims. We have the White SXT Sport with the rims and 3M clear bra on the front, the snow mat's, and the Mopar window visors but I'll be selling them quickly and getting the in window mount one's I've seen on here. We just took it down to Italy weekend before last and we're right at 5,000 miles right now. I work at the AOC, I'm 616 ACOMS and I'm a Comm troop like you evidentaly, you a 2E or 3C? I'm a 3C0.

Which one is your's?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm 3C0X1. I work at the WPC now. Will be here until Mar 08.

Do you live in Ramstein housing? I've seen a white one with the visors parked over there. I have a friend that lives one block over near the construction. With the traffic re-routing, I drive past the white Caliber to get to his house.

This one is mine:

·
Registered
15 Posts
"Scheibenklar" from your invoice doesn´t say that they had cleaned your windows, the refilled your missing windshield washing water.

Normaly I do this myself BEFORE I bring my car to the dealer. It´s a simple way to safe some money. And if "Scheibenklar" is on my invoice I tell them, sorry i made it before myself full, it couln´t be empty :D

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Mr. Shp said:
"Scheibenklar" from your invoice doesn´t say that they had cleaned your windows, the refilled your missing windshield washing water.

Normaly I do this myself BEFORE I bring my car to the dealer. It´s a simple way to safe some money. And if "Scheibenklar" is on my invoice I tell them, sorry i made it before myself full, it couln´t be empty :D
,sorry for the falls explanation but i just could not figure out what that was

·
Registered
82 Posts
yeah man,

I'm in Ramstein Housing, bldg 824 so I think I have seen you drive by a few times. Small world I'm a 3C0X1 and know the WPC very well, although in my current job UTM, I don't get over there much anymore. I know someone from here on Ramstein that has a car just like yours, well, the wife drives it all the time like my wife as it's her car, but they have a child in my daughter's sure start program here on Ramstein, wouldn't be you would it?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope, my kids are 12 and 14.

There are at least 3 Marine Blue Calibers in the KMC that I know of (counting mine). The other day I saw 5 other Calibers in a 5 minute period on Ramstein. Saw a black one by Mom's, passed an orange one near the "5 corners" circle, sat at the BK light with a silver one behind me and a white one accross the intersection, then passed yours on the way to my friend's house.

There's a Marine blue one that parks in front of a small building behind the Hercules (I see it whenever I visit a friend at the IG office in the back of the Hercules).

I see a few at Vogelweh all the time, but they could also be the same ones I see on Ramstein. Mine is the only one on Einsiedlerhof that I know of.

We're going to be at the Ram BX tomorrow (21 Oct) between 1300 and 1500, would you like to meet up there? If so, we can meet by the Yellow Caliber on the AAFES lot--you name the time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to ask, maybe I´ve missed something and you didn´t get the 5-Star premium package...but doesn´t that package cover ALL services/repairs for 4 years or 40k kilometers?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the basic 3 year 36K mile warranty. Basically, since my car is American specs and bought through an American vendor (U.S. military car sales), I have the American warranty. I don't know about basic services, but warranty repairs are required to be covered by the local Dodge dealer because of a contract with the vendor and DCX. However, my warranty will probably differ from the ones German residents get because it's an American warranty.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Michael,

Won't be able to meet up or anything today, my wife got her wisdom teeth pulled Thursday and we just got back from Football, I coach my son's team and then my daughter's soccer, needless to say my wife is wiped out, she went to both all "codined" up:) We might be at the theater on Ramstein by the BX though for the "Barnyard" movie at three though, we'll see, the wife is taking a much needed nap right now and it will depend on her:)

L8r and thanks for the offer.

Until then,

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Michael K. said:
I got the basic 3 year 36K mile warranty. Basically, since my car is American specs and bought through an American vendor (U.S. military car sales), I have the American warranty. I don't know about basic services, but warranty repairs are required to be covered by the local Dodge dealer because of a contract with the vendor and DCX. However, my warranty will probably differ from the ones German residents get because it's an American warranty.
Is there a way you could just buy the filter from the dealer and do the service yourself at the base auto hobby shop?? I'm sure the base has one. Haven't been to a military base yet that didn't. No charge for disposing of oil, or filling your washer fluid resevior.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HSKR said:
Is there a way you could just buy the filter from the dealer and do the service yourself at the base auto hobby shop?? I'm sure the base has one. Haven't been to a military base yet that didn't. No charge for disposing of oil, or filling your washer fluid resevior.
I could do the oil change and everything in my own garage, I do it with the Nissan all the time. The local dealer was telling me, and this could be a load of BS, that in order for the warranty to be valid in Germany, the warranty book has to be stamped by the dealer for the services being done. If it doesn't have the dealer stamp, he doesn't have to honor the warranty. Maybe our German friends here can enlighten me if this is BS or if there is some sort of local rule in this country concerning this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts