Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His computer kept bringing up that disco inferno red was an additional $150. When he changed the color, the extra cost disappeared. He said Chrysler always charges extra for red.:confused:

·
Registered
911 Posts
As far as I know, only Sunburst Orange and Solar Yellow are extra. Inferno Red shouldn't be charged. In fact...there's an Inferno Red SXT Sport downtown and it doesn't list $150 extra for Inferno Red.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think Inferno Red is No Charge so it shouldn't be extra. Looking at the online line they only seem to charge for Orange and Yellow.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crap. That's what I thought. I guess his computer is wrong or he had a way of changing it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
BTW...Dodge does NOT always charge extra for Inferno Red. They used to charge $150 extra for it when that color first came out, but on some Dodge vehicles its just a normal color choice.

It is true however that they do charge extra for it on some Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep vehicles, but not the Caliber.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I noticed that when surfing the Dodge.com site. If you look at Dodge.ca, we don't get charged anything extra for the color, even the yellow or orange. I wonder why they charge for them in the US but don't in Canada.

·
Registered
683 Posts
What does the window sticker say? The dealer can't change the window sticker.

·
Registered
198 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
BTW...Dodge does NOT always charge extra for Inferno Red. They used to charge $150 extra for it when that color first came out, but on some Dodge vehicles its just a normal color choice.

It is true however that they do charge extra for it on some Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep vehicles, but not the Caliber.
They used to charge $150 on the PTs for Inferno Red. Its a 3 stage process so they figurred it was a fair charge.

S

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've been charged another £250 ($440) after I changed the colour of my Caliber from Black to Inferno Red but that's in rip-off Britain :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
I didn't get charged when I bought mine. Might want to look close at your bill.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just checked the factory ordering estimate system and the only colors that carry an additional fee are the Solar Yellow and Sunburst Orange Pearl Coats.

Our estimate system runs off the same information the dealership gets so that should be accurate. It is common on certain vehicles for the Inferno red to be available at additional cost but not the Caliber.

Either way the 150 charge should not be coming up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts