Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
381 Posts
I never got the point of people joing other vehicle forums and saying oh btw.. I got xxx vehicle and it's better because of blablaba. Guess what? We don't care!

I test drove the Ford fusion, Chevy HHR, and sat in a Mazda3/Honda Civic. I realized early on that I wanted the versatility of a large vehicle. Performance wasn't much of an issue. The HHR felt like a grandma car, while the Fusion had good handling. I felt the Caliber had the best combination of those two... so I went with that. It (2.0L w/CVT) has more pickup than my 95 Saturn so I was satisfied

Amandyke, How'd you get below invoice? I came up empty on applying the college grad program although under the advice of FordInfoCenter, I wrote a letter to find out if things can be applied retroactively (assuming it gets added to the program shortly).

Aaron

· Registered
381 Posts
Agreed with NY Giant: HHR larger, but less thought out in terms of controls. I had to STRETCH to hit the window controls. Not acceptable in this day of age. Drove like a grandma car. Very soft/mushy steering. Caliber bit smaller in back/rear (feels the same in the front to me), but ride is much nicer.

· Registered
381 Posts
Perhaps some of the sluggish feeling comes from never feeling it shift? 99% of the time the engine/trans is extremely smooth. I found when I got stuck in a traffic jam on an interstate yesterday you get some "bumps" in constant stop/go traffic as the torque inverter engages/disengages repeatedly. Even then, it's no worse than a normal AT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.