Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get a caliber but after all the reviews complained of its utter slowness regardless of model/trans/engine and its so-so handleing I just couldnt go through with it. look at the reviews for performance, it sucks.

After driving a mazda3 wagon with the 2.3 there was no going back. weighs only 2700 pounds, 300 lighter than the 2.0 fwd, with 160hp and a huge aftermarket. with just a exhaust, intake and pulleys I'll have the same power to weight as a WRX. add a turbo and it'll keep up with a EVO or STI.
Caliber is cool for people who dont care about performance but its just not sporty in any way.
plus I cant wait years or months for a aftermarket to come to improve the performance of this minivan in disguise to keep up with a average econocar.

lebowski1 signing off. see you in my rear view mirror.

· Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did drive a SRT CVT. and it felt like a caravan . so I have expierence. Plus it dosent take a rocket scientest to figure power to weight. and I got my 3 for 18,500 with moonroof, auto and power everything. the RT sticker was 22,500.
consumer reports rated the 3 a best buy for 3 years now.
BTW theres nothing ford about this besides being a parent company. made in hiroshima 100%.
have fun with your shrunken 85 caravan.

Amandyke said:
Bye have fun paying more for the mazda. Oh and wait for the R/T, or how about you actually go and TEST DRIVE a caliber yourself? Rather than claiming things or going off of reviews. I know that most reviews I've read have praised the car. And nearly all of the post test drive comments from members here have been nothing short of exemplary. And those are for the SXT or SE models! Not even the R/T.

Tell you what, when I get my R/T I'll tell you how it drives. In the mean time, have fun with your FORD.

Or you could look at the Impreza 2.5, or the Cobalt SS Supercharged. All competing cars. Have fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.