Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for this particular issue, but couldn't find anything. If there is already a thread about this, feel free to correct me and let me know where it is.

My car will randomly die when I'm in reverse and turning sharply. So far I've only noticed it when the steering wheel is turned hard to the right and I'm backing up. I haven't noticed it with the wheel to the left, and my wife, who has had it happen to her, can't remember whether it was right or left for her.

When it dies, the warning chime (used for "key in the ignition" warning) will ding once and the engine dies. It's very random and I can't intentionally duplicate the problem (which is why I haven't gone to a dealer yet). It has not happened while moving forward.

I have the 1.8L w/5 speed. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
thats exacly what is happent to me ,just never in reverse only when i shift down to the second and then make a left turn,

·
Registered
976 Posts
Michael K. said:
I searched for this particular issue, but couldn't find anything. If there is already a thread about this, feel free to correct me and let me know where it is.

My car will randomly die when I'm in reverse and turning sharply. So far I've only noticed it when the steering wheel is turned hard to the right and I'm backing up. I haven't noticed it with the wheel to the left, and my wife, who has had it happen to her, can't remember whether it was right or left for her.

When it dies, the warning chime (used for "key in the ignition" warning) will ding once and the engine dies. It's very random and I can't intentionally duplicate the problem (which is why I haven't gone to a dealer yet). It has not happened while moving forward.

I have the 1.8L w/5 speed. Any ideas?
When you take it in for service find out if it may be an issue with the clock
spring,DCX has had past problems with this on other models,problems show
up usually when steering wheel is cranked hard in one direction.

·
Registered
251 Posts
This might be a long shot, but there was a post in here where someones car would die when making hard right hand turns. After all the dealership issiues and everything else, he finally found out that it was his keychain, it was so big it was swinging the keys into the ACC position and shutting down the engine. Try to duplicate this issue without a keychain, just the key. If you can't get it to happen, I would say it's because the keychain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts