Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was looking at dodges site and built an se and sxt with basic options but same 2.0 power plant and cvt tranny and the only diff. is the chill zone and the wheel and tire size......why in the hell would they do this? i now feel like i should have gone with the se w/the 2.0 and cvt......would have cost me 1850$ less for the same car. i am changing the wheels anyway so i could care less about that........am i missing something? what are we paying for here?

edit** ok never mind u get power windows locks and a bunch of other stuff -
- Body-Color Grille- Flexible Seating Group- Cargo Compartment Lamp- 115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet- Front Dome Lamp- Body-Color Bodyside Molding- Normal Duty Suspension- Bright Grille- Outside Temperature Display in Odometer- Bright Instrument Panel Switches- Rear 60/40 Folding Seat- Driver's Seat with Height Adjuster- Front-Passenger Fold-Flat-Forward Seat- Illuminated Entry- Instrument Panel Cooler- Interior Removable/Rechargeable Lamp- Keyless Entry- Map/Dome Reading Lamps- Passenger Assist Handles- Rear 60/40 Split Recline Seat- Rear Fold-Flat-Forward Seat- "SXT" Badge- Tachometer- Touring Suspension

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was about to tell you it was the opposite for me, I got ripped off. I got an SE with a ton of options, Power windows, Chillzone, a bunch of others. I dont have wheels though. I ended up paying 16,800 for it. I could have payed about the same or maybe a tad bit more for the same package with the extras I dont have. I should have bought an SXT, but I haden't done my homework on the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you sure that SE that you built has A/C? I thought if you had A/C then it has chillzone. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
343 Posts
hey VVTCVT...please take the pic of the monkey off...the chimp is cute, but the monkey has to go :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remember back in April someone posted wondering why *anyone* would actually get an SE with A/C and CVT when the SXT with many more standard options (power locks, windows, etc) would be just a couple hundred bucks more...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I got the SE with the 1.8 5sp. Dodge was running an special promotional deal for overseas military who pre-ordered (prior to the first overseas shipment). All of the options I got were no-cost to me. The SE was the only one they were doing that promotion with, the SXT and R/T didn't get free options.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Serantos said:
I was about to tell you it was the opposite for me, I got ripped off. I got an SE with a ton of options, Power windows, Chillzone, a bunch of others. I dont have wheels though. I ended up paying 16,800 for it. I could have payed about the same or maybe a tad bit more for the same package with the extras I dont have. I should have bought an SXT, but I haden't done my homework on the car.
We all have to live with choices we make in life,your right you should have
bought SXT,at least you admit where you went wrong.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yep that pisses me off a tad bit. I might go for the Compass over the Caliber now as one of its points it had over the Compass was the color keyed interior. (different than most stuff) Plus I can get a 2.4L 5 spd AND get 30 MPGs! How's that? Its either that, this or a Rabbit 2 door. (Unless I can find a VW Cabrio and put a TDI in it)

·
Registered
901 Posts
steveb said:
Notice there is no more Sport package for the SXT. Also notice the main page says 2006 Caliber
FYI... TommyLee in another thread says that the "E" package *IS* still available. The revamped dodge.com site has some errors. If you really need up-to-date information on options and packages, work with a salesperson. The dealership does not use dodge.com when ordering cars and will have the correct information.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
FYI... TommyLee in another thread says that the "E" package *IS* still available. The revamped dodge.com site has some errors. If you really need up-to-date information on options and packages, work with a salesperson. The dealership does not use dodge.com when ordering cars and will have the correct information.
Exactly Kathy! That is what I found out a while ago too. Like Kathy said, speak to a salesperson as they do not use dodge.com price and build.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts