Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

If you are thinking of buying the chrome trim for the Caliber - don't pay the dealer bucks to fit it - just DIY. It only took 10 mins to do the whole car! Here's how:

1. Just pull off the existing trim, starting with the front door, at one end. Don't be scared, the trim is very flexible, and if you pull it off steady, the 3m tape comes right off with the trim. Do this for the other 3 trims. If the 3m tape stays attached to the door, then just rub it off using your thumb with a horizontal motion in one direction.

2. Clean the area occupied by the previous trims using alcohol wipes - dries in seconds.

3. Attach new chrome trims - do one side first. No need for spirit/laser level, as the previous trim leaves slight glue marks on the ends which you use to level and attach the new trim over. Use the first trim to guide the alignment of the second rear door trim. Repeat this for the other side of the car.

The process is very simple and very quick to finish. I have now installed the trim on two Calibers - took 10 minutes for each car!

:)

·
Registered
775 Posts
If anyone ever decides to pull off the color matched door trim from a black Caliber, let me know, I'll buy it off of you. I want to put the black door trim on my blue Caliber.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Same here!!! i need the black trim to get rid of all the chrome on my R/T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts