Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering because I dropped one of those white, plastic 5-gal pails on the fender of my Caliber and scrapped off some of the clear-coat (doesn't looks like it scratched down to the actual paint). I want to attempt to fix the minor scratch myself.

I know when my father-in-law gets his 5 year Mercury Sable (has been getting them every 5-years) they always give him a little 50ml bottle of touch-up paint.

Anyone know if the dealers stock small bottles of paint and or clear coat? If not does Mopar have these?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, you should be able to get a thing of touch up paint free of charge from your dealer. Do not pay for it. :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
caliber4whoosh said:
Yeah, you should be able to get a thing of touch up paint free of charge from your dealer. Do not pay for it. :D
Good. I asked the salesguy about it (when I was buying the car) and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about.

I know they're going to attampt to charge me for it:( They act like they didn't rip-me-off-enough. Need to figure out what to do...

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can get either a spray can, which is about $9, or a small tube with a brush. I think I paid $5 or $6 for that. And you should plan on paying. Even thought it would be a nice gesture, they don't owe you touch up paint once your car is OTD. The clear is only available in the spray can if I'm not mistaken. If you need the actual paint, just make sure the paint they give you has the same paint code on your build sticker on your door jamb.

But if it only scratched the clearcoat, you may be better off buying a multi step polish and buffing it out. Repainting might come out looking worse.

Good luck with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts