Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
dozer said:
...My center console slides back and forth without staying in one position. the dealer told be that they asked the dodge rep and the said it just does that? very annoying when you come to a stop and the thing slams forward...
You're not alone - this has been mentioned in several discussions on this board already.

The concern seems to range from really loose and moving on it's own with the vehicle's momentum (as you described, and I've posted the same elsewhere here...) to being described as bsically just too easy to slide but not doing it on it's own.

No matter what, it does seem to need some type of way to prevent it from sliding so easily, and the previous discussions here about it usually also state that there should be some type of mechanism or other method in the track for it to "click" or secure it into place better in the desired position.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
slans said:
...thinking we may add a small rubber strip or something to stop it from going forward on it own.
Oops, I meant to mention that in my previous post - just haven't had time to look at it closely and see it I could do something simple and effective for that purpose...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.