1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dodge Gets Kudos for Brangelina Baby Ad Placement

Monday June 19, 2006
From Apryl Duncan, About.com

When millions of people check out the People magazine issue featuring pictures of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's baby, they'll also get an eyeful of the Dodge Caliber. DaimlerChrysler snatched up a four page print ad spread after People made the offer.

Experts say the placement couldn't be more perfect for the Caliber. The ads appear right in the middle of the baby Shiloh photo spread.

Both People and Dodge will not say how much the ad deal cost. A spokesperson for People says four page ads typically cost around $230,000. However, with a special edition like this, Dodge more than likely paid a higher price tag to get that close to baby Shiloh and all of the eyes just waiting to take a peek at her.

People paid an estimated $4 million for the first pictures of Shiloh. The magazine raised its cover price to $3.99 just for this edition.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I saw those ads, one was Caliber at the principles office, one with it getting a tattoo, one photocoping it's rear and I can't remember the 4th one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
CaliberChic said:
one photocoping it's rear and I can't remember the 4th one.
lol i can't get enough of this one, i want a full-sized poster

·
Registered
245 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Dodge Gets Kudos for Brangelina Baby Ad Placement

Monday June 19, 2006
From Apryl Duncan, About.com

When millions of people check out the People magazine issue featuring pictures of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's baby, they'll also get an eyeful of the Dodge Caliber. DaimlerChrysler snatched up a four page print ad spread after People made the offer.

Experts say the placement couldn't be more perfect for the Caliber. The ads appear right in the middle of the baby Shiloh photo spread.

Both People and Dodge will not say how much the ad deal cost. A spokesperson for People says four page ads typically cost around $230,000. However, with a special edition like this, Dodge more than likely paid a higher price tag to get that close to baby Shiloh and all of the eyes just waiting to take a peek at her.

People paid an estimated $4 million for the first pictures of Shiloh. The magazine raised its cover price to $3.99 just for this edition.
I heard about this too. I am sure it was quite a bit of money.
Its days like this that make me want to push for that raise. LOL

Dan

·
Registered
901 Posts
Black_RT said:
lol i can't get enough of this one, i want a full-sized poster
LOL I would love to get these as posters too!! (the photocopying one and the tattoo one.)

What does the principal's office ad look like? guessing, as if Caliber was bad and getting detention?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Hmmm...is this this months "People" edition??

I may want to stop by my local supermarket and give a peek, the Caliber ads may be worth the $3.99:D:D:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts