Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forget which one of you was looking for this but we received copies of the Caliber brochure. I uploaded a small picture of what the Caliber roof rack will look like.

caliber_roofrack.JPG

Description:
J. Removable Roof Rack and Roof box Cargo Carrier.
Now you can increase the cargo capacity of your Caliber to keep up with your active lifestyle. Removable Roof Rack accommodates all Mopar sports and cargo carriers.

Enjoy,
Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
If possible how about some pictures of the bike rack? For anyone who might know the answer to this but how easy do you think it would be to take the roof cross rails on and off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuzz 40 said:
If possible how about some pictures of the bike rack? For anyone who might know the answer to this but how easy do you think it would be to take the roof cross rails on and off?
Here ya go, not the best angle but it's the best I can do.

caliber_bikerack.JPG

I don't anticipate they would be hard to remove, probably the same as any other roof rack. Since I have never dealt with a roof rack I can't say for sure.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Thank you for the picture, it does atleast give me an idea on how it will look/work. If anyone does know how easy or hard it is to install/remove the roof rack please let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Fuzz 40 said:
Thank you for the picture, it does atleast give me an idea on how it will look/work. If anyone does know how easy or hard it is to install/remove the roof rack please let me know.
That looks a lot like a Yakima Rack. The towers press into the channel above the doors and are tightened to the crossbar by a cam inside the tower. You use a hex driver (like an allen wrench) to tighten it up.

It's quite easy and the rack can go on in about 2 minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
I am going to either need the roof rack or the bike rack. I am need to take my bike to races so I am either going to put the bike on the roof or all my gear on the roof, one of the two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Fuzz 40 said:
I am going to either need the roof rack or the bike rack. I am need to take my bike to races so I am either going to put the bike on the roof or all my gear on the roof, one of the two.

Check the Mopar Catalog, you have 2 options: buy the roof bars and the roof mounted bike rack or buy the trailer hitch assembly and hitch mounted bike rack for the back of the car. In either case, you'll need to spend a few hundred I think. http://www.moparsupercenter.com/custom/accessorypdfs/caliberaccessories.pdf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
I would rather go the roof rack option. I was talking about getting the cargo carrier thing or the bike rack that goes on the roof. That is what I was trying to say, sorry for the mix up.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top