Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from my dealer and apparantly Dodge sent a notice out today to all dealers that the 500.00 rebate is going bye bye on June 1. I have also confirmed this with two other dealers.

There is no indication if any new rebates are coming down the pike. That one is up for grabs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
They increased the lease subvention to offset the loss of the Consumer Cash. In layman's terms, the lease payments will stay the same as they are now. If you purchase instead of lease, well, I guess your price just went up by $500.

For those with sold orders currently in the system, you are price protected, so don't worry about losing out on the rebate.

With sales being as high as they are, you can't say you didn't see this coming.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Question, since the $500 rebate ends tomorrow night at midnight, and you say sold orders are price protected and receive the rebate, how sure of that are you, and until when, the original rebate end date of July 2, I think, or until the vehicle gets to you? Also, how to make sure to prove to a dealer?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I ordered my car, they told me that it is Chrysler's policy to price protect. It is in my contract as a stipulation. I also made them put in there that I would receive the best rebate package at that time...so, if I locked at the 500.00 level, I am protected. But, if they come out with 2000 rebate (yeah right - dream on girl), then I get the 2 grand. If you have an order in before 6/1 - you should be good to go. I posted this to let all wannabees that they have to get going or they will loose their 500 bucks. Some folks that post here - that is a huge variation in price and payments.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Are you all talking an actual custom "ORDER" order, or just reserving one from an inventory list that the dealer has preordered?

I suppose it would not matter either way, as long as you had signed a purchase agreement....???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is a custom order.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wait, so my dealer told me they can only offer what rebate is avaliable when you actually recieve the car. Looks like that will be nothing now. Are you saying that if I ordered mine (Which I did, back in April) that I should still get the rebate? I didn't sign a bill of sale. I just gave them my deposit and they special ordered it for me. I hope there is a way I can still get it

·
Registered
384 Posts
HyperCat, I hope you can get the rebate too. It sounds as if, from the previous posts, that you should be able to according to Dodge. If they don't give it to you, then that is really unfair. Maybe you could try calling DCX and asking them what you are entitled to and then call you dealer to make sure. If they try to weasel out of it, maybe you can bluff that you will walk...

Good luck!

·
Registered
173 Posts
As long as your name is on the order, you are price protected, which includes cash allowance (rebate) with no time limit. The dealers should all know about this.

Oh, and I am real sure I am right on this one.

·
Registered
689 Posts
TommyLee said:
As long as your name is on the order, you are price protected with no time limit. The dealers should all know about this.

Oh, and I am real sure I am right on this one.
And that includes rebate? I know price should be protected, just wondering about rebate.

·
Registered
689 Posts
This is the answer I got from Dodge Incentives, 1-800-227-0757.

Called Dodge Incentives, dealer didn't know the answer. If you put down a deposit at time of order, rebate is locked in, could be more if it is more at delivery (highly unlikely currently).

If you didn't put down a deposit, really makes no sense, Chrysler would never know if you did or didn't, then rebate is whatever it is at time of delivery, but dealer can state at time of delivery on incentive form that customer is a very good or long time customer and Chrysler will honor the rebate that was going on at order date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned but they did remove the Caliber and all new model 2007 vehicles from the Employee price discount (compass, patriot, nitro). They were offering the discount up until the end of March.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts