Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI Walmart sells black floor mats with a redish orange Dodge logo, they are cut to size style so the front fit nice but the rear ones don't fit at all :(

Here are some pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Cool.

Didn't your SXT come with floor mats?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but light colored ones. I wanted something I couldn't ruin.

·
Banned
400 Posts
CaliberChic said:
Yes but light colored ones. I wanted something I couldn't ruin.
Hey CC, I have the exact same mats! Only the front though, will look to purchase something that fits the back.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah man the mats at Advance Autoparts have the Dodge in white, looks much sharper. Grrr

·
Registered
683 Posts
The Caliber does come with some floormats. They are rather thin low quality. I purchased the Mopar floormats from my dealer. They are much better quality, thick with the Dodge emblem and fit better than the cheap included mats. I also bought the rear cargo mat to match.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought about the cargo mat too, it's $80 right? I have a stroller to keep back there and it will for sure slide around on that plastic if I don't put something down.

·
Registered
901 Posts
CaliberChic said:
I thought about the cargo mat too, it's $80 right? I have a stroller to keep back there and it will for sure slide around on that plastic if I don't put something down.
Actually that plastic is pretty slip-resistant! surprising so. It feels a bit more "tacky" than the rest of the plastic in the cargo area. Even those plastic grocery bags don't move around.

(I did get the dodge cargo mat to help protect the plastic from scuffs. It's nice but... things slide now.)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well shoot, that would defeat my purpose then. Hmmm

·
Registered
683 Posts
I bought the rear cargo mat to prevent the plastic from quickly being destroyed from cargo.

To keep things from slipping a rubber mat would be needed. Not sure if Mopar sells one.

·
Registered
343 Posts
$15 @ Lowes.

Get yourself a 6x5 chunk of outdoor carpeting. With a marker, pair of sharp scissors, and a hour of your time, you can have a nice looking floor mat for the plastic, and the back of the seats when you have them folded. Cut the seat piece into 2, and you can store it with the spare tire :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
i'm far too lazy to make my own mat... where do i order one? EDIT:: and as always will they ship to APO?

·
Registered
70 Posts
mudstone said:
i'm far too lazy to make my own mat... where do i order one? EDIT:: and as always will they ship to APO?
Cheapest I found was moparstore.com (forum site vendor). As for shipping, dunno

·
Registered
506 Posts
ok i just looked at prices... maybe i'll be taking the time instead... come on now 80$ plus shipping for a carpet?!

·
Registered
357 Posts
how about trying some bathtub strips here and there. clear ones if you don't want a distracting different color?

can you use some shears and trim the rear mats to fit?

I took the "ricer" mats out of my dead truck, poked a hole in them for the retention plug and they look great! black with white and blue inlays. looks better in the Caliber :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts