Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to change my existing order today (I ordered a SXT two weeks ago yesterday - BG status), and was told by my dealer that today Dodge is no longer taking or making any new Caliber orders. In other words, they are sold out of the 2007 orders. What is in the system is what is in the system. Period. I couldn't change my order at all.

That is what I've been told. I assume that is why they shut down the rebate program - ends 11 PM EDT.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

·
Registered
86 Posts
WOW, I just changed my order yesterday morning! Phew!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well here is the answer I got from Dodge Incentives, dealer didn't know the answer. If you put down a deposit at time of order, rebate is locked in. If you didn't put down a deposit, really makes no sense, Chrysler would never know if you did or didn't, then rebate is whatever it is at time of delivery, but dealer can state at time of delivery on incentive form that customer is a very good or long time customer and Chrysler will honor it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The 2006.5 models are out for model year. Next Monday, the "true" 2007 models will be opened up for ordering. ESP will be available to order starting this Monday, but everything else is carryover.

KarenH56, all you need to do is have them reorder the car on Monday if your order is not automatically changed over to the 2007 Model Year.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
TommyLee said:
The 2006.5 models are out for model year. Next Monday, the "true" 2007 models will be opened up for ordering.
Hmm, so our Calibers are officialy 2006.5s?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
GOT said:
Hmm, so our Calibers are officialy 2006.5s?
If this is all true, then yes in a sense. To the DMV and everyone else they are 2007 models, but to Chrysler's Computers they are 2006.5 models.

I didn't think they can change that just for one model, but what do I know...:D

Sounds about right though!

·
Registered
43 Posts
TommyLee said:
The 2006.5 models are out for model year. Next Monday, the "true" 2007 models will be opened up for ordering.
Tommy,

Is this for all Dodge's or just for the caliber. Friend wants a Dakota, and was wondering should he order a 07 ?

Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
VZGuy said:
Tommy,

Is this for all Dodge's or just for the caliber. Friend wants a Dakota, and was wondering should he order a 07 ?

Thanks
I think I might be able to answer that.

Dodge Dakota

Last Order Date for '06 4/21/06

'07 Startup 7/24/06

·
Registered
173 Posts
VZGuy said:
Tommy,

Thanks
Ordering for Dakota opens up this monday, as well. June allocation is for July Production, July is for August, August is for September, and so on and so on... In other words, they allocate a month ahead of production.

·
Registered
43 Posts
TommyLee said:
Ordering for Dakota opens up this monday, as well. June allocation is for July Production, July is for August, August is for September, and so on and so on... In other words, they allocate a month ahead of production.
Gotcha... Ill let him know.. Wonder if anything new for 07's...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Dealers play games, sounds like a ploy to keep your money IMO. I just read an article talking about how Dodge was going to ramp up production and the caution was not to flood the market as you lose the precieved customer demand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! You mean to tell me I have a 2006.5 Caliber?????????????:eek:[/quote]

I know, I feel so violated. How could they do that to us?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
VZGuy said:
Gotcha... Ill let him know.. Wonder if anything new for 07's...
Usually there is just some small bug fixes that they may have found along the way... squeaks, rattles etc. if there has been enough time for them to surface to their attention... not sure there has been lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
HA!! I knew it.. Good think I rented it for 3 years.. In 3 years there will be 3 or 4 new "versions" of the Caliber.. THEN I'll buy the new version at that time.. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Xordok said:
HA!! I knew it.. Good think I rented it for 3 years.. In 3 years there will be 3 or 4 new "versions" of the Caliber.. THEN I'll buy the new version at that time.. :)
Huh?:confused:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Translation:

"renting" means he leased it. i.e. no commitment to a brand new product.

Every year manufacturers tweak and fine-tune anyway, so in 3 yrs or so (when his lease is up) the Calibers out at that time should be even closer to perfection i.e. worth BUYING instead of leasing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts