Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see some pics and possibly hear some audio on this exhaust. It would help my decision of whether to get it or not..........any opinions would be great!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Search bro, there are a few post on it, one with multiple angle pic's, good luck.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My only problem is that my one exhaust pipe has a cutout in the bumper.........how do I integrate the other without major modification? I did a search on the exhaust............Thanks. Too bad I couldn't find an R/T with the exhaust on it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think the best bet is to just replace the stock muffler. There doesn't seem to be much to gain H.P. wise, but less weight getting rid of the stock muffler. Much less expensive option and just keep 1 tip.

You can replace the stock muffler with a Magnaflow or whatever you like for about $150 installed. Or you can install the Cat back system for $700.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info mike........I guess the reason i wanted the mopar was the fact that it has two outlets, Gives the car a more sporty/powerful look. Lets just wait and see what i decide........I'm not gonna jump into it too soon cause i've only had my Caliber for a month now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is the magnaflow available from any aftermarket shop, and if it is how easy is it to get ahold of for our cars. Anyone out there who knows this post up so those of us who are interested can get a price range.

·
Registered
644 Posts

as far as i know theyre not available for purchace yet.
darren

·
Registered
321 Posts
Darren07RT said:

as far as i know theyre not available for purchace yet.
darren
They are now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
EXcaliber said:
My only problem is that my one exhaust pipe has a cutout in the bumper.........how do I integrate the other without major modification? I did a search on the exhaust............Thanks. Too bad I couldn't find an R/T with the exhaust on it.
The R/T has the cutouts for the single muffler. The R/T AWD system is not compatable with the Mopar cat back system, all of the FWD systems are compatable though. The Magnaflow system that is currently available and in the picture is for the AWD only.

·
Registered
321 Posts
EXcaliber said:
I would like to see some pics and possibly hear some audio on this exhaust. It would help my decision of whether to get it or not..........any opinions would be great!
I agree, sound clips PLEASE. Also do performance testing, 0-60 times, gas milage, before and after, etc. Dyno if possible

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just find a comparable muffler to the Mopar or get a Magnaflow and take it to a competent muffler shop. Have them bend up some new pipe (if you want larger) and weld it all up for you from the cat back. Should be almost half the price of a $700 catback kit. If they claim they cant do it....continue your search for a competent muffler shop. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts