Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a small ding on my driverside back door.:mad: Man it really pisses me off that people dont respect other peoples cars enough to not open there door into your car. It's very tiny and you have to look at the right angle to even see it, but it's there and I know it......Can those things even be fixed?

·
Registered
689 Posts
There is a process that rubs the ding out, done by professionals though. Look for door ding repair or call a dealer up and ask them what company they use. I've had it done and it really is amazing how it is done, forgot the name of the company that did it, dealer had it done for me, they dented it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
OK, has anyone else noticed that our doors seem to be able to dent real easily? I haven't had one myself yet...knock on wood...but when I shut the doors with any kind of force they don't have a very reassuring sound. I don't know how to describe it though, it just sounds hollow and not strong I guess. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have notice that sound. I try and tell my kids to be easy with the doors when closing them. Still it seems like everything is attracted to a new car. Have you noticed that.
People just don't have respect for anyone's property.
Candy

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't noticed any dings or dents in my doors, but I do notice the hollow sound when you shut them. I carpool and I keep telling the people I carpool with not to slam the doors. I tried shutting the doors really gently and they wouldn't catch and so I had to use a bit more force in closing them. I hate it, though, when people slam my doors shut because it's loud and I'm not sure it's really good for the car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I got jinxed, cause I was reading the Parking Horror thread yesterday. Now I'm sorry to say I may have passed my jinx on to all of you guys who posted on my thread...Hope not though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
jongunz said:
Found a small ding on my driverside back door.:mad: Man it really pisses me off that people dont respect other peoples cars enough to not open there door into your car. It's very tiny and you have to look at the right angle to even see it, but it's there and I know it......Can those things even be fixed?
I got one in my driver’s door beside the handle... not really visible but I SEE IT EVERY TIME :( I walk up to the car. Everyone I show it to says where... ohh that little thing you can't even see it. The body shop at the dealer wants $100 to fix it they called it paintless dent removal. He said they go in the inside of my door and pop it back out and it will look as good as new. I will probably get in fixed in a few weeks.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Friend of mines just bought a brand new 2006 Ford Mustang. He didn't have a week, before some drunk guy comes into the parking garage where we keep our cars at, and opens a huge Ford Expedition door on my friends car! :eek:
Well, my friend doesn't take ANY SH*T. So he took the car to a professional guy who specializes in door dents/ding, and had the garage foot the bill. The guy "massages" dents back to spec using a process called "PDR". When I saw my friends car after their work, I couldn't belive my eyes. DENT WAS GONE. The process requires NO PAINTING.

http://lorenzotint.com/dent_removal.html

·
Registered
259 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
Friend of mines just bought a brand new 2006 Ford Mustang. He didn't have a week, before some drunk guy comes into the parking garage where we keep our cars at, and opens a huge Ford Expedition door on my friends car! :eek:
Well, my friend doesn't take ANY SH*T. So he took the car to a professional guy who specializes in door dents/ding, and had the garage foot the bill. The guy "massages" dents back to spec using a process called "PDR". When I saw my friends car after their work, I couldn't belive my eyes. DENT WAS GONE. The process requires NO PAINTING.

http://lorenzotint.com/dent_removal.html
I am guessing "PDR" is the same "Paintless Dent Removal" I was refereing to. Thanks for the link I didn't fully understand what they were going to do.

·
Banned
400 Posts
mistermario said:
I am guessing "PDR" is the same "Paintless Dent Removal" I was refereing to. Thanks for the link I didn't fully understand what they were going to do.
No problemo amigo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have seen a PDR place get out hail damage before. I think a door ding would be easy for them. They just have to be able to access the back of the dented surface. They usually do a great job though. Only thing is most of them have a $50-75 minimum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sometimes small dents and dings can be fixed by a device that looks similar to a giant suction cup. I borrowed one from my manager at work, who collects old cars, to use on my Stratus. Worked well on a couple dents that were on a flatter part, but it wouldn't work at all on the one that was just above my rear passenger wheel well becasue it couldn't get a good seal.

·
Registered
259 Posts
cdub998 said:
I have seen a PDR place get out hail damage before. I think a door ding would be easy for them. They just have to be able to access the back of the dented surface. They usually do a great job though. Only thing is most of them have a $50-75 minimum.
SO do you think $100 sounds like too much?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow I would like to get that done....I'll have to call around Atlanta to see where I can get it done and for how much.

·
Registered
39 Posts
These are the type of places you need to know their rep. Like a paint shop this is an art form. Don't just go to the first place you see in the yellow pages. ask around your area to see who is best.

·
Banned
400 Posts
cdub998 said:
These are the type of places you need to know their rep. Like a paint shop this is an art form. Don't just go to the first place you see in the yellow pages. ask around your area to see who is best.
Exactly! Well said!:)

·
Registered
259 Posts
cdub998 said:
I agree with you both on that also. I have had work done at this body shop on other cars and they did a great job also it is linked to the dealer:) I will let you know the outcome in a few weeks when I get it done. I plan on having them do it when they take my car in to replace the exhaust and we are still waiting on the parts for that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts