Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the auto parts store after work today. Because the garage at my house is narrow, and I have children, the possibility of the door edges getting dinged against the garage walls is very high. The only two options for door edge guards were chrome and black. Not only do I think the chrome ones look cheesy, but my experience with them back in the '80s was that they only look good for about a year before they start loosing their luster. So, I bought the black ones and put them on both the front and rear doors. With all of the black that is already on the car, black was a good choice. I was really surprised at how good they looked once they were put on. I'm not sure what it is, but they actually added something to the looks of the car. I'll take some pics tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing what they look like.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i'm interested.... take the pics.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I never even thought about door guards, but I could sure use them if they look good. The chrome strips from the 70's and 80's were disgusting! Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The ones I have one mine are clear...Obviously you can tell to a point that they are there. I would love to see these pics too :) I might have to switch!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
mistermario said:
I would like to see pics... how long are they?
I'll take the pics tomorrow, the sun is getting low here and the lighting wouldn't do them justice.

I had to cut the ones on the back doors. I started at the base of the window and cut them there the door curves for the wheel well. The front ones go almost all the way down (starting from the base of the window). They go as far as the second bend in the metal (don't know what to call it, but where the metal makes a bend outward). Because it ended right at the bend, I was able to cut a small piece off the excess from the back doors to take the edging all the way to the bottom of the door without an obvious seam where they meet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mistermario said:
I would like to see pics... how long are they?
I have the short ones but you can get long ones to. I will take some pics tonight if it isn't raining :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put the black ones on mine... it is so dirty now from all the rain we have had lately I am ashamed to take pics.. when I get it cleaned up, I will.. so we can compare different colors with the black edge guards

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just got back from a trip to Wal-mart, and lo and behold, there were some black door guards that they just got in. Only $2.?? per pair and made by Bell. They were the long ones that you could cut down to size. I'll still wait for pics before I get them, but since I have a Black Caliber, I know I'll probably buy them anyway. I can talk myself into anything.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pics as promised. Please excuse the dirty car, washed and waxed it yesterday, but it rained today and I was driving on wet roads.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i like.... will go buy some today

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like as well. Maybe I will ditch my clear ones for black ;) I will take pics first and I'll let you all decide lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the pics Michael... I like the way it looks :) I guess I will have to wit for Beth to post her pics before I decide which way to go.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
it looks cool and at the same time after repainting my chip it protects from more chips ,i like it and will get some today .i dit not even know you can buy those and also nice german country side ,(makes me miss germany),your car looks great .What do People in germany think about your new car ?? I ask because Chrysler hat always a selling proplem in Germany ,my Dad had one and we all remember how fast there cars was rusting and it realy damaged the reputation of american cars .Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
689 Posts
To each his own, my opinion is the black would look better, but good idea to have door protection, no matter what color.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why a good idea for door protection? I never park near anyone. Its not my door I worry about its others hitting mine.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts