Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have manual locks for the doors and was wondering how they come off
I tried to unscrew them but nothing yet thanks for the info

·
Registered
371 Posts
Since you didn't get any results back then, I'll give it a shot now. I can't get mine off either, although mine are auto, I don't think there would be any dif. I got the name of a good service guy to ask, but I really hate to bother him with, what might be a silly question to him. I was hoping that someone with a service manual might be able to help. Are the knobs oversized at the base, attached, or what? I really don't want to take the door panels off. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I found nothing in the service manual about removing this part. But on the Caravan and Pacifica the knobs are pressed onto the shaft which is grooved like a hose connector. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
371 Posts
mealso said:
I found nothing in the service manual about removing this part. But on the Caravan and Pacifica the knobs are pressed onto the shaft which is grooved like a hose connector. Hope this helps.
Well sort of, I guess. Hell, I'm just glad someone responded, I thought I would have to ask a question about dating to get a reply. So there's no real way to get it off without a lot of trouble. I can unscrew it, I just can't get it out of the hole (when I was younger, that line would have been revised)! I don't know why they would do that? But anyway, thanks for responding, and I hope all goes well for you and your battle proven Caliber.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Fitz said:
Well sort of, I guess. Hell, I'm just glad someone responded, I thought I would have to ask a question about dating to get a reply. So there's no real way to get it off without a lot of trouble. I can unscrew it, I just can't get it out of the hole (when I was younger, that line would have been revised)! I don't know why they would do that? But anyway, thanks for responding, and I hope all goes well for you and your battle proven Caliber.
~~~~~~~~~LOL :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts