Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
KimBo k. said:
does anybody know how to switch the "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" if the key is in and the door is open, off?

nice to know!!!

thx
Take the key out!! LOL!!:D:D:D:D

Seriously, come to think of it I thought there was a post about this a while ago...let me see if I can dig it up!

EDIT:: Sorry I was thinking of the Seat Belt alarm one...

·
Registered
911 Posts
I don't think there's a way to disable that. I've actually never seen any Chrysler products that can do that actually with maybe the exception of the more luxury vehicles. I wish there was a way because I agree its quite annoying. Sometimes when I'm cleaning my car I want the radio on and when I have the driver door open I gotta listen to that damn chime until I close the door.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think you can do it through the dash if you have the driver convenience group.... Let me check in a few!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nope -- drivers convenience can't make the key-in ding go away. I don't think it's reconfigurable in any of the ECU's either. You may be able to fake it out by finding the wiring for the "key in ignition" switch and cutting/splicing wiring. Better yet, there's probably a way to file a notch into the end of your key so that the switch never gets closed (and it'd be less permanent than messing with wiring). -- All just speculation though. Maybe try it on a rental first :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Would it be possible to find the switch in the door jamb that says, door is open, and simply find a wedge of some sort to close the circuit? Seems that might be an easy solution instead of modding keys or ignition wires. But what do I know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys 1st post, this beep drove me nuts as well simple fix is just to push the latch in with your finger it will click once then twice and the beep is gone feel free to crank the radio and open the doors sans beep from hell. Hope this helps....also don't for get to pull the handle to "open" the latch be for trying to shut the doors..."it would be bad" if you didn't do this.

LSC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts