Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is cheesy...to post on it, but I know I like to see pictures. :D :D

I put the chrome door sills in. Here are the pictures.

Before...

After...

I've got to get a good side shot that shows all of the shine from both doors, the wheels and the gas cap. This car is GREAT!!!

Tyke

·
Registered
901 Posts
So.... these don't go over the plastic sill trim?
Bummer, because even though I don't think I touch it when I get in and out, that plastic strip is getting all scuffed. :( I thought the chrome guards would go over that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
superbang said:
so do those things just come with some sort of adhesive to stick on? nice pics btw... ;)
Yes they do. The front have three adhesive strips and the back have two.

DodgeGirlKathy said:
So.... these don't go over the plastic sill trim?
Nope, they sure do not. I was a bit put off by that fact, but I wanted the shine anyway. My plastic sill molding is getting rather scratched and I keep cleaning (yes, OUWxGuesser, 409 works...and that other green stuff too). At first I thought that I had a lazy step getting out, but I recalled someone elses statement a couple months ago about the Caliber having a VERY deep well to step over when entering and exiting the vehicle. I've realized the absolute truth in that statement.

Anyway, the chrome mod-job looks good. Looks like the last bit that I'm going to be able to do...unless someone comes up with another idea. :D

Thanks for all the comments.

Tyke

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been eyeballing those sill-guards since I first got my Caliber in April. They look good, I'm jealous.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I might be able to design something that covers the same area this guard covers and the plastic sill. Give me a week or two to take measurements and come up with something. Maybe a stainless steel trim piece?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was thinking of just fabricating some aluminum sills myself and customizing them to say... Muzzysgirl.... I thought that would be cool.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I like those alot, but Id rather have something w/ brushed aluminum because I dont have any chrome on mine except for the front grille.

whichBTW, if anyone wants to sell me a body color inferno red grille, let me know :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
.22 said:
I might be able to design something that covers the same area this guard covers and the plastic sill. Give me a week or two to take measurements and come up with something. Maybe a stainless steel trim piece?
or, brushed aluminum!
Any progress with this project? I'd buy a set from you!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have that mod too and I am not sure if it's worth the money because the rear door guards are half the length and don't say Caliber. It only looks good on the front doors IMO. Not really worth $100.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Id buy brushed aluminum in a heartbeat

·
Registered
689 Posts
There is a guy selling aluminum door sills on ebay, all custom, I wonder if either Muzzy or that guy would want to make custom door sills, should be a lot cheaper than Mopar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts