Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I brought my car into the dealer to get the door panels replaced to stop the rattle/creak when the windows are rolled all the way up (the metal would flex due to the ULTRA STRONG WINDOW MOTOR). However, the door panels had the SMILIE FACE in them (who else remembers our member with one of the first Orange caliber's with this issue). So rather than installing the defective panels, they requested new ones. Here's the kicker though. They had the panels in for about 2 weeks as I was unable to take my car in to get them installed. So in those 2 weeks, NO ONE opened the part to ensure that 1) it was in fact the correct part 2) it was not damaged in shipping 3) IT WASN'T OBVIOUSLY DEFECTIVE. More over, DCX let it go OUT with an obvious paint defect. Hello?

They are also still calling the exhaust cool down tick tick tick a normal thing that cannot be fixed, adjusted, etc and will quiet down as the car gets more miles on it and the metal "cures". Well, 6300 miles and it still does it. No it's NOT freaking normal.

So while I had the car in the shop I figured I may as well get the oil changed. It was at 6200, so it was due anyway. They DID change the oil. But they used 10w30 rather than the 5w20 that is 1) on the freaking FILLER CAP 2) is in the OWNERS MANUAL 3) is most definitly in the freaking shop guide for the vehicle.

I hate this dealership's service department. Not only are they PISS POOR at performing service, they also did NOT pay for the last rental I got. I was charged for it, and thank you Enterprise for crediting me back on that charge as it wasn't MY fault that the dealership is a bunch of nickle rubbing assholes who are incappable of requesting the funds from my EXTENDED WARRANTY. I only shelled out $1,700 for it. You'd think they could pay $28 for a damn rental!

In case anyone wants to know, the dealer is Lithia Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Concord located in Concord, California. The service rep I usually deal with is Robert and he does a good job of making it seem like he's doing the best he can.

And to top it all off, their courtesy shuttle WILL NOT TAKE ME HOME as they have to cross a bridge and they're "insurance will not cover the trip."

I'm going to a new dealership for any future work. Which I'm sure will be soon as they're sure as hell NOT dealing with the exhaust issue.

Here's the cherry. They're a 5 star dealership.

(fake edit: 300 posts, woo!)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I found this on another forum site and gave it to the dealer since there is no TSB they can find on it. They replaced the resinator as instructed in this engineering memo and magic no more ping. I hope this will help you.

From Engineering:

"Customer complains of severe pop, click or ping noise from exhaust during cooldown. Noise is above normal cooldown ticking noises heard on other exhaust systems. Source of the noise is the slip joint at the resonator outlet. The cause is the joint building too tight at the supplier and not allowing the internal resonator tube to slide within the joint. A design change was made to relieve this tight fit. This will reduce the cooldown ticking noise from the exhaust to a normal level.
The muffler/resonator assembly should be replaced if a customer complains of this condition. "

Clean point in production is 5/1/2006.

·
Registered
190 Posts
steveb said:
From Engineering:

"Customer complains of severe pop, click or ping noise from exhaust during cooldown. Noise is above normal cooldown ticking noises heard on other exhaust systems. Source of the noise is the slip joint at the resonator outlet. The cause is the joint building too tight at the supplier and not allowing the internal resonator tube to slide within the joint. A design change was made to relieve this tight fit. This will reduce the cooldown ticking noise from the exhaust to a normal level.
The muffler/resonator assembly should be replaced if a customer complains of this condition. "

Clean point in production is 5/1/2006.
anyone have a link of where i can officially print-out this memo?... or just something more official?

·
Registered
343 Posts
sorry to hear about your crappy service experiance, but as far as your oil viscosity is concerned, I have the following to say.

I'd much rather run a thicker oil, especially during the hot weather seasons, and run a thinner oil in the winter months. Once the oil heats up, it thins out, and if it's thicker to begin with, it helps protect better. Even if it costs me .3 MPG.

Synthetics are known to be thinner than regular oils. I know that running synthetics on my bike, repsol makes the viscosity 5 points more than regular oil, to account for this.

Just my justification.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Amandyke said:
They are also still calling the exhaust cool down tick tick tick a normal thing that cannot be fixed, adjusted, etc and will quiet down as the car gets more miles on it and the metal "cures". Well, 6300 miles and it still does it. No it's NOT freaking normal.
It's definitely NOT normal. Mine is fixed. They replaced a section of exhaust (including the resonator) and NOW it's normal and doesn't tick.

Those people at that dealer are either incompetent, belligerent, both or serious haters. Don't walk, run form them! They may just screw your car up to spite you or dime-you-to-death.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts