Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I changed out the turn signal bulbs for red LED clusters (pics to come). I have a slight background in electornics and i know that LEDs have alot less resistance than a filiment bulb. now, even though i DO NOT have the DCG, a chime still goes of when i use the turn signals. Does anybody know how to turn that GD chime off.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Try a lower voltage flasher? Other than that, I am not sure how to turn the chime off. Your blinker should be flashing faster than normal as well right?

Post pics!:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u are exactly right, my blinker is ALOT faster. almost like a strobe. can i have some more info about a flasher??? what is it and how would it help???

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Flasher is usually located under the steering column, not 100% sure on Caliber. Flasher is also what makes the "click, click" sound.

I am not sure what kind of flasher is in the Caliber as I don't own one yet. I did a google search and found a fix for the SRT-4 for those who installed leds.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257670

Not sure if it relevant, but worth a shot if you can get a cheap replacement, or crack the case and see if it the same. If you can get this to work you will never know if you have a burnt out bulb from inside the vehicle.

Or you can buy a resistor....(looking for a site...)
http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

If someone has a better solution please jump in!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was thinking putting a resistor in parallel with the LED's.

I don't remember the formula off-hand, but I know that I'll need the voltage and amp rating of the LED's.

What's the point of the LED bulbs?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I did the LED taillight mod in my lincoln. To get them to flash at the proper rate i used a mechanical flasher and to get the lamp out warning to go away i actually had to use a few resistors in line with the LEDs.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sleazy said:
What's the point of the LED bulbs?
1.) They look different
2.) They are the latest fassion in car accessories
3.) They last a lot longer than regular bulbs

Other than cosmetics, #3 is the only real advantage. But, like anything else, if it looks good and you (car owner) like it, why not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can you post the wattage and/or amp rating of the LED's?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
just grab the ones at autozone and run an ohm test on them.. then compare it to the stock bulbs. Add around the difference to the circuit and your good. You likely need quite a bit less than the stock bulb to keep the buld out indicator from triggering though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts