Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a car off the lot instead of waiting for my ordered one. The one I got doesn't have the drive convienence package. Does any one know if that can be added or if it must be put on when built? Thanks.

·
Banned
73 Posts
you shouldne buy something like a car when your in a hurry. chances are it cant be added. see if you can return it. i heard dodge will let people return cars for 30 days. dont know if its true.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Someone asked the same thing not too long ago. IIRC, the answer was it would cost more than it would be worth.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The package has an auto dimming mirror, dash temp/compass display and tire pressure sensors. You should be able to get the auto dimming mirror from the dealer but after markets such as Gentex or Donnely mirrors are probably cheaper and just as good.

I doubt it would be economical to add the other options for parts and labor.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Heya All,

This is something that I wanted to ask as well as it seems that without the driver conv pkg, you are unable to adjust or alter the settings for things like power off delay and other things like the honking horn when the alarm engages ect ect.

I know that there was a post on the adjustment stuff, but even in the owners manual it tells you to hold the ECIS button to get to the options but what do you do without it..... just live with it unless someone knows how to do it???

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Satellitedriver said:
Heya All,

This is something that I wanted to ask as well as it seems that without the driver conv pkg, you are unable to adjust or alter the settings for things like power off delay and other things like the honking horn when the alarm engages ect ect.

I know that there was a post on the adjustment stuff, but even in the owners manual it tells you to hold the ECIS button to get to the options but what do you do without it..... just live with it unless someone knows how to do it???
THe owners manual tells how to modify the horn function using the key-fob. I did it and it worked. It's in there somewhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
GOT said:
THe owners manual tells how to modify the horn function using the key-fob. I did it and it worked. It's in there somewhere.
When you adjust the horn with the key fob, does it also cause the headlights not to stay on? I find myself standing there waiting for them to go off, just in case I come out to find myself with a dead battery. :(

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
NyllaTx said:
When you adjust the horn with the key fob, does it also cause the headlights not to stay on? I find myself standing there waiting for them to go off, just in case I come out to find myself with a dead battery. :(
I think there is the option to keep them on (for the many seconds that they stay on) or make it so they never turn on. I remember deciding that I wanted to have the lights turn on when I unlocked it so I'm sure you can turn it off (via the key-fob).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh if my caliber had the driver's convenience pack. I have all these gauges with nothing in them......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry, but there appears to be no way to keep the headlights from staying on for a while. I've tryed about every combination and couldn't get 'em to shut off. It was nice getting rid of that annoying horn honk though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With the Drivers Convenience Group you can tweak the headlights:
"Headlight Off Delay" controls how long the lights stay on after you key off and get out of the car. "Illuminated approach" controls how long the lights stay on when you use the remote to unlock the car (I think). All this stuff is just a bunch of junk programmed into the cluster or TIPM or whatever. If you don't have the convenience group, I'd bug the dealer (nicely) to see if they can maybe change it with the service tool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts