Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure wish that DCX had taken the time to light up the window, side mirror controls and door lock controls on the driverside door. They are impossible to see at night. Having said that, the drivers side window control has a small green light which is lit, the other 3 window switches appear to have small green lights but they do not light up. Are mine defective or is that they same for everyone?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Your window control lights are not defective,all Calibers
the same way.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Has anyone had the door panels off to see if its easy to add in some LED's for the other switches?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Huff said:
Has anyone had the door panels off to see if its easy to add in some LED's for the other switches?
I'm sure the leds are alreayd in the switches, it woudl just be a matter of getting power to them.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
ordnance1 said:
I sure wish that DCX had taken the time to light up the window, side mirror controls and door lock controls on the driverside door. They are impossible to see at night. Having said that, the drivers side window control has a small green light which is lit, the other 3 window switches appear to have small green lights but they do not light up. Are mine defective or is that they same for everyone?
Below is a link (located with the board's search feature) to one of the many previous discussions about this concern.

Regarding the last few responses in this thread: if you go to the first response in the discussion below, there are some suggestions and a link to how to possibly light up the other LEDS:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2347

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here is the question I presented to "DR Z", I will report back on any reply they might send.

Why exactly did Chrysler decide not to light up the electric window switches, exterior mirror control and power lock switches located on the drivers door of the Dodge Caliber. They are impossible to see at night. They really could not have saved that much money since the did wire the drivers window switch with a light. Is this an upgrade/retrofit Chrysler would consider?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The usual reply is cost-management to keep the price of the vehicle down - but I agree about your comment of "...They really could not have saved that much money since the did wire the drivers window switch with a light...".

Personally, I think it was only done to ensure that there was sufficient power to charge that detachable flashlight in the rear headboard - the one that no one ever uses. ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
687 Posts
I use the flashlight all the time, at work. There are many times I'm doing a repair on either the JEEP Compass, JEEP Patriot or the Dodge Caliber and need a flashlight which I use from one of the nearby vehicles. I only wish they made the flashlight standard, because it never fails that when I need one the closest vehicles don't have it. I really think the flashlight would be more useful to the consumer as the front domelight rather than in the rear of the car.

As for the drivers door interior controls I agree with all of you. Even the one green light/led that is currently there it's too dim.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree with Amandyke...i can distinguish between the position of 4 switches...i really don't even need the driver one lit up...it's not like i ever look at it and my Cali is tinted right the f*ck out andi can't see a thing in there at night!

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you want to find the right switch, just place a raised nub on the driver's switch. My old Toyota as well as Nissan had them (a ridge actually), otherwise a stick-on protector will do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts