Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone make some damn drop springs already... feel like im driving a pickup truck.... lol H&R shows they have some, but when i called to place a bulk order ( i have wholesale license) they said they were still prototypes... GARBAGE! 2inches would make me sooooo happy. anyone else?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Im actually looking forward to a higher vehicle. Yes sitting 3 inches off the ground is awsome, and handles like a dream, but feeling every inperfection in the road, having to crawl in and out of some driveways/parking lots, and creeping over each and every last speed bump is really getting old. 7in clearance if i remember correctly. Man thats going to be nice...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree gsx.... specially us who live in or near by NY city... jeje

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
H&R really screwed up the springs on they made for the Matrix, my friend got a set (I had the Eibach Pro-Kit - 1.2" drop springs) and they dropped the front but actually raised the rear! H&R was good about it though, he got his money back and is going with the pro-kits as well.

Wonder how long it will be before H&R, Eibach, Tien, Intrax, Hotchkis etc. have a good selection of both lowering springs, sways and coilovers? I am waiting for the SRT4 anyways, so I suppose that gives more time for greater aftermarket support... hope they step up and get you some good product in the meantime

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, a realisticly priced strut bar would be nice. 270 whatever dollars just because it says MOPAR is a stab in the poopshoot. the AWD models shoulda come standard with it IMO.
I dont wanna ride an inch off the ground, i just dont wanna drive a monster truck. I have an 04 hemi quad cab that has more then enough clearence if i get tired of driving the caliber ;) just wanna sit it down to a more comfortable height.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If i did any suspention work, it would be mearly if i wanted to change how the vehicle drove. If i ever want to get a more agressive suspention, that handles much better, ill do that. But for now, what im personally looking for out of the vehicle, stock will be just fine.

·
Registered
357 Posts
gsx rated98 said:
But for now, what im personally looking for out of the vehicle, stock will be just fine.
+1

I have another car that the P.O. lowered very aggressively with springs and didn't match w/proper shocks. it is a PITA to drive scraping over every speedbump, I lost the $ front underpanel to a driveway and it's just plain not a balanced suspension. hoser. no height or other adjustability either what a shame. my choices are swap in the stock springs or spend the bucks for a proper setup. and it will be forced soon because we have annual safety inspections and the car will not pass as is.

also it's not very comforting to be looking *under* a truck bumper out in traffic (we have many lifted around these parts :p ) just for cosmetic sake. I'd agree that a lowered show Caliber would look tits though. can I say that here? or cherry better? :)

update:
short video added to sig, why I won't try to lower the Caliber any time soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Today I was parked on a slope and noticed that the Cali's body design would awesome if just the front was dropped two inches. How much would something like that cost? (i don't know shit about this stuff)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
BOWIE said:
Today I was parked on a slope and noticed that the Cali's body design would awesome if just the front was dropped two inches. How much would something like that cost? (i don't know shit about this stuff)
There would more than likey have to be a designed kit. Price varies from car to car.

I would like a drop to get the tire and wheel well to about an inch apart...2 inch drop would be nice, but thats me.:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
BOWIE said:
Just bang a hockey puck or two into the bottoms of the rear springs...Same effect;) for a couple bucks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MOOK3452 said:
Just bang a hockey puck or two into the bottoms of the rear springs...Same effect;) for a couple bucks.
Ok, I just tried doing that but the hockey pucks pop out as soon as I leave the driveway...
(just Kidding)
So, I can't drop the front a couple inches til someone makes a kit? Damn...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered a set of H&R springs from Optionimports.com back on June 2. They were to ship in 4 to 7 days. Still no springs and they have refused to answer emails. They avoid phone calls also. They have a F rating with the BBB. Wish I'd known that before I ordered. DO NOT DEAL WITH OPTIONIMPORTS, you will get screwed!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Badpenny said:
I ordered a set of H&R springs from Optionimports.com back on June 2. They were to ship in 4 to 7 days. Still no springs and they have refused to answer emails. They avoid phone calls also. They have a F rating with the BBB. Wish I'd known that before I ordered. DO NOT DEAL WITH OPTIONIMPORTS, you will get screwed!
uh-oh.... did you pay with a credit card? Can you flag the charge to your card as under dispute, so you don't have to pay it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I plan to notify the credit card company tomorrow. I've already filed a complaint with the BBB and may file with the California Attorney Generals office and anyone else I can think of. Unfortunately a Google search hadn't turned up any negative data about the company. I realized too late that they are in Walnut, CA not too far from me. That's when I checked the Los Angeles BBB.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Darren07RT said:
someone make some damn drop springs already... feel like im driving a pickup truck.... lol H&R shows they have some, but when i called to place a bulk order ( i have wholesale license) they said they were still prototypes... GARBAGE! 2inches would make me sooooo happy. anyone else?
You might want to check the site again now, but have to look under 2006 year Dodge for the Caliber springs

Stage ---Chassis / Drivetrain-Notes-----Approx. Front Lowering--Approx. Rear Lowering--Part Number----Sug. Retail---Photo
Sport Spring ----------------------------------1.5-------------------1.4--------------50820---------$ 329.00 Kit
Too Badpenny, best of luck to getting the situation settled with optionimports, and since they are near where you stay, you might want to make a little trip and check out their warehouse. I found another sight that sells the H&R's for the Caliber but don't think they could be questionable with service. It'll have to take some research but the link to that is jazzproparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=50820

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Dallas, TX BBB doesn't have any info on Jazzproparts so I Googled and found one good entry and one bad. The bad was a complete engine that blew a gasket. Drop springs don't have that kind of problem. They list a couple of phone numbers so I called sales. They don't have the H&R Sport Spring kit in stock but can order it and have it drop shipped. Sounds reasonable. If I can get my money back from those other bums, I'll order.

·
Registered
81 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
now all we need are some sportier shocks to match! maybe sways too. are the R/T ones any different than the SE/SXTs?
I have an RT. I dont know about the SXT but my suspension feels great. One of the knocks on the cali that I read b4 I bought it was that it had alot of body roll....I don't think it has much at all unless you really whip the wheel, like to avoid something, but thats pretty normal imo.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts