Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the threads I've read here overall really turned me off to the Caliber. I had such high hopes for the car the year before it came out. In fact I ordered one (SXT) in April 2006 from a dealer who susequently screwed the order up. Then I ordered another one (R/T FWD) from a different dealer who didn't get the car because of the sunroof issues during Fall of 2006. I got the call about that in November and decided to skip the car altogether. I drove a Caliber R/T FWD the dealer had and then afterward drove a Chrysler Sebring with the same 2.4 L engine. The difference is unbelieveable. The Caliber seemed much heavier and less agile then the Sebring. Of course, even in base trim the Sebring interior is light years ahead of the cheap plastic of the Caliber.

Don't be mad, at least it is an American car from the same manufacturer even the same platform (albeit streched). There are just too many unknowns with the Caliber, especially with the CVT and crappy interior. There is no trim on the doors at all, Its like they forgot to add it, even on the R/T. The Sebring even gets better gas mileage with the same engine (I get it, its the CVT), that's a big red flag for me!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Congrats! :)

Eventhough it is not a Caliber, I wish you luck, and you are welcome to stop by and check things out!! Hey, I have been doing research on the Caliber since November 2005 when the first concept shots were released! I still don't have one yet either. I am very patient and may wait until the 3rd year into it to see what they can improve on!

Got any pictures of it??;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Whats up with the gas milage? They clame the CVT helps the gas milage by 8% Your trade off is the Caliber has more room inside, it is cheaper too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Sebring has more standard features though. I was planning on an R/T FWD loaded which was coming in around MSRP $22,500. The base price of Sebring is $19,000. I chose the limited model and because of unavailability was forced to order it. With everything it came to around MSRP $25,500. ESP, side airbags, and DRL were important to me. Side air bags are a $250.00 option on the Caliber not so on the Sebring (built into price).

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
...Don't be mad, at least it is an American car from the same manufacturer even the same platform...
Xtreme Thunder said:
...Got any pictures of it??;)
I agree - pictures please.

At least that way we have the opportunity to call your Sebring "cute". :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I really like the styling of the new Sebring, inside and out. If I don't have to pay a **** ton in fee's because of the mod's i did to the car, I will go over to the sebring.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
It is a nice car but priced with similar options it was over my budget. Besides its not quite my style. It reminds me too much of something toyota would produce.The quality of the interior is directly seen in the price. Even with more standard features the price definetly reflects higher material costs. Im hoping the aftermarket workd will catch up with teh caliber soon and we can see some dash/door panel kits soon. If not i will be making my own :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Whatever you do, don't go into a Sebring forum, you will find scary threads in that forum on the Sebring, every car forum has scary threads on whatever car, thats usually why people join a forum, to talk or complain about a a car or problems. The Sebring being new, it will have forum threads that will scare you also. :eek:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Congratulations on the Sebring. It is a great car, I test drove one before I bought the Liberty. You're right...the 2.4 in that is WAY quicker than in the Caliber and is rated at 32 MPG. It's a beautiful and distinguishable car in a field of CamAccords, and you should be proud to own it

·
Registered
687 Posts
Looking forward to seeing pictures :cool:

Maybe the board owners should just setup a Dodge/Chrysler forum and have a different section for each product DCX makes. Members of the board wouldn't leave the board if they say with DCX products, just visit a different section within the board. Just think how much action the OFF TOPIC section would have in it with all of those users! :D

Go ahead and do what DCX hasn't done yet. I just checked available domains and go figure, www.DCXforums.com isn't taken yet. Well with an "s" it is taken but with a "z" it's available. :cool:

·
Registered
728 Posts
The Sebring looks pretty nice but it does have a slight reputation as a girls car... hehe

But hey, that's what the new Avenger is for... :D

I'm getting pretty damn tired waiting around for the Caliber SRT to come out, let's see what Dodge plans to do with the Avenger and I may just skip the Caliber all together.

An Avenger SRT6 sounds like a pretty awesome idea. :cool:

·
Registered
321 Posts
ejfb said:
Whatever you do, don't go into a Sebring forum, you will find scary threads in that forum on the Sebring, every car forum has scary threads on whatever car, thats usually why people join a forum, to talk or complain about a a car or problems. The Sebring being new, it will have forum threads that will scare you also. :eek:
I agree.
When you go looking, you will find bad reports on anything.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Awesome color...I wish they offered it on my Jeep

·
Registered
321 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
Pictures too big to post here!!!
Change your cameras setting to the lowest file size, and try again.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.