Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to install a Jensen VM9512HD Receiver in my 08 Cali but i need a parking brake signal looks like a ground from the parking brake. where is this? THE OTHER question i got is it also requires a reverse signal wire for a rear view camera and i am going to install it but where can i find this too?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Think youre going to need a Metra XSVI-6502-NAV wire..maybe call metra on that one. This is the harness i ordered for my nav unit because of the SS wire..Then again I had NAV to begin with. No clue about the reverse wire though. For the parking brake, you should be able to just ground that wire anywhere and youll be able to bypass the security functions that the ebrake limits you to.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Eric.. You don't need to hook up the speed wire. Mine works fine without it.
Neither do you have to hook up the parking brake wire. If you need some help with the hack let me know.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
couldnt you just use the wire on the reverse lights for a reverse signal?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Eric.. You don't need to hook up the speed wire. Mine works fine without it.
Neither do you have to hook up the parking brake wire. If you need some help with the hack let me know.
yeah but the harness with SS wire was like, the same price on ebay so i may as well connect it while im there...Just may be a little more accurate for tunnels LOL

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my radio doesnt even have a ss wire on it so i dont need that and i guess i can use the reverse lights but i dont wanna pull too much power from it and i dunno if its a positive or neg connection. but thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i found a harness from PAC audio that has all the signal wires in it but i had to send the radio back and the company really pissed me off because the radio was defective so i gotta wait 2 weeks for a new one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts