Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has had their Caliber dyno tested yet! Trying to see how much wheel horsepower these things have!!:D

·
Registered
287 Posts
I shudder to think what this CVT does to the amount of horse @ the wheels.

A 2.4L 172hp engine should be a bit more peppy than what I am driving currently. However, I am only @ 300 miles and from what I can see, as the mileage increases, so will the performance. I can only hope.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm also not sure how well a "rubber band" will transmitt the power! I know it is a steel reinforced belt, but we all know where I'm coming from. I have about 3100 miles on my Cali, and it seems they do get better with age!! Not sure how the 2.4 performs. I have the 2.0, and when I was getting on the interstate the other night, there was this Volvo suv looking like they were trying to fly past, so I laid on the gas a bit, and I hung right with it, about a car ahead! I looked down, and I was going like 95, so I backed off right quick! A lot of troopers patrol that interstate!! It sure was fun, though! :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
ill get dyno done within the next couple weeks... wanna finish doing the rest of my custom cold air set up first and well see what happens... only one guy in vegas with an AWD dyno though. hope it isnt too expensive.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Darren07RT said:
ill get dyno done within the next couple weeks... wanna finish doing the rest of my custom cold air set up first and well see what happens... only one guy in vegas with an AWD dyno though. hope it isnt too expensive.
Be sure and post the pics and details of your custom CAI...

BTW.. still waiting patiently for magnaflow to put your CatBack on the market..

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Darren07RT said:
There has to be a way to disable the AWD for towing reasons. Check the owners manual.

·
Registered
644 Posts
that sounds like alot of work just to get it dynod.... id rather do it the right way...

·
Registered
198 Posts
HSKR said:
There has to be a way to disable the AWD for towing reasons. Check the owners manual.
Checked. No fuses to disable the AWD. BTW, I prefer AWD when I tow. Have an AWD DC van and tow a Coleman Santa Fe (weighed in at 2900 last weekend, with familiy of 4, german shep, and fat cat in the van, topping close to 8800 pounds I figure (the scale was blocked, I could only weigh the trailer axel weight).

S

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sean said:
Checked. No fuses to disable the AWD. BTW, I prefer AWD when I tow. Have an AWD DC van and tow a Coleman Santa Fe (weighed in at 2900 last weekend, with familiy of 4, german shep, and fat cat in the van, topping close to 8800 pounds I figure (the scale was blocked, I could only weigh the trailer axel weight).

S
Actually, I meant being able to disable the AWD in case the car needs towed by a tow truck or car dolly that only lifts two wheels off the ground.

·
Registered
377 Posts
HSKR said:
Actually, I meant being able to disable the AWD in case the car needs towed by a tow truck or car dolly that only lifts two wheels off the ground.
I highly doubt it. Any AWD I know of has to be town via flatbed. Check out this thread:

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_524558/tm.htm

·
Registered
198 Posts
HSKR said:
D'oh! Sorry 'boot that. :rolleyes: (I also goofed on the trailer, we have a SunValley! Hope wife unit ain't reading this. Musta been bad Korona last nite). :cool:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sean said:
D'oh! Sorry 'boot that. :rolleyes: Musta been bad Korona last nite). :cool:
All Corona is bad! lol. That stuff was the cheapest beer in MX for years. Some smart investor imported it and conned us Americans into drinking it! Try Bohemia. At least you can blame a good beer for your mess ups!:D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Huff said:
All Corona is bad! lol. That stuff was the cheapest beer in MX for years. Some smart investor imported it and conned us Americans into drinking it! Try Bohemia. At least you can blame a good beer for your mess ups!:D
Kinda like Fosters in Australia. If you can find Fosters in a store in Australia you are looking hard. It's the piss beer there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Huff said:
Go figure. :rolleyes: Wifey like the Corona, I will try the Bohemia. There is a LakePort beer, lime infused from the get-go.

http://www.lakeportbrewing.ca/brava.html

:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts