Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eibach Pro kit, and Sportline springs in stock ! $229 !

Modern Performance has the Eibach Pro kit, and Sportline springs in stock for the Caliber NON RT models !

Pro kit springs 1.3 inch front and 1.2 inch drop in the rear.

Sportline springs 2 inch front, and 1.8 inch rear drop.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is anybody gonna put out something for the R/T or will it screw with the AWD too much? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why won't the lowering springs work on the RT Caliber?

·
Registered
413 Posts
IMO........I wouldn't lower my R/T AWD, It seems to take away the benifit of having AWD by lowering its clearance........I want to go over snow not push it around:D.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Hmmm, yeah, still a gray area with FWD R/T. I don't see why the AWD ones would not work on the FWD though.
You'd probably be better off on the SE/SXT springs on the FWD R/T. AWD usually requires a little different spring set up for the axles and stuff, but i can't say for sure on this car if that's true or not.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i thought i read somewhere these don't install like normal springs on the struts, what was it that i saw? If they go on normally like any other spring, i may be interested

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
HSKR said:
You'd probably be better off on the SE/SXT springs on the FWD R/T. AWD usually requires a little different spring set up for the axles and stuff, but i can't say for sure on this car if that's true or not.
Yeah, I had that idea in the back of my mind too.

·
Registered
413 Posts
ib2loud said:
i thought i read somewhere these don't install like normal springs on the struts, what was it that i saw? If they go on normally like any other spring, i may be interested
As far as I can tell they are replacement springs that would go on the strut. Maybe you saw something totally different like a sway bar maybe?

·
Registered
413 Posts
The only tool I know of to remove the springs, is just a spring compressor.

·
Registered
976 Posts
A post on another forum by someone who installed the Eibach
kit said you did require a special tool or wrench for the struts.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's usually a nut that secures the strut to the strut mount, that is a large nut, and hard to access because of the strut sticking too far up, therefore blocking the access to the nut.

It can be removed, it just takes patience.

With a spring compressor, and a good socket set and driver, id say 60-70% of the public can safely remove a spring/strut kit to replace their springs.

If you dont feel comfortable doing it, most shops would charge about $150-$200 to remove your factory suspension, and reinstall the new springs onto your car.

·
Registered
413 Posts
ib2loud said:
how about to remove the strut? does it have normal bolts & nuts? i guess i should just go look for myself
AHHHH! thats true! My old VW needed a special socket to get the strut out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts