Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love my cali, but here lately its driving me nuts. its a fwd r/t not long after i got it the lights in the power window switches quit working, i think no big deal so two weeks ago i go to my local dealer for my first oil change and they say that they'll order me a new set of switches. so now while i'm waiting for my parts to come in i get new problems. i get off work at midnight and go to my car and hit the unlock button and the doors dont unlock so i open the door manually and i notice the dome lights not comeing on so now i'm mad so i start down the road try to turn up the radio and i'll be damned the steering wheel radio controls dont work either. i figure i'll get up in the morning and look at it but when i do everything works fine until night time then it all stops again and its done the same thing 3 days in a row.

sorry about the rant i just needed to vent.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Check to make sure all the fuses are seated. Pull them one at a time and reseat them (accessory fuses only).

·
Registered
976 Posts
Don't forget or maybe you don't know,only the drivers window
switch on the Caliber is lit,the rest have the little plastic lens
but they have neither the the LED nor power running to them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bigtsr said:
Don't forget or maybe you don't know,only the drivers window
switch on the Caliber is lit,the rest have the little plastic lens
but they have neither the the LED nor power running to them.
mine worked for a while even the passenger door.and the dealer said that they should work. but that problem dosent bother me as much as the others what really suck is there is no way to open the hatch when the door locks arent working unless u crawl through and remove the rear cover. how hard would it have been to put a manual key lock cylinder in the lift gate.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Your switches actually had lights in them??? I say you need to have your dealer pull one out and have a peek.. Or do it yourself if your confident.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well if you have confidence to take the door apart yourself
maybe this pic will help.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
as far as the dome light, double check the setting on the stock control arm, I turned mine off accidentally, maybe when turning off the headlights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xcanuk said:
as far as the dome light, double check the setting on the stock control arm, I turned mine off accidentally, maybe when turning off the headlights.
nah its not that because it comes and goes and when it happens, the dome lights power locks and steering wheel radio controls all do it at the same time. i gotta take it in thursday for the power window switches i'll be happy if they just get the one switch to light up as you say but none of mine work. there gonna keep it a day or two to check the other problems so i get to raise hell in a rental woo hoo. i have to say i still love my cali but its already givin me more fits than any of the other mopars i've owned from new. that includes a 97 stratus, 99 stratus, 00 neon, 00 dakota(still got this one) the only one with more problems is my 55 plymouth that i got for $600 lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
dakota_vc said:
nah its not that because it comes and goes and when it happens, the dome lights power locks and steering wheel radio controls all do it at the same time. i gotta take it in thursday for the power window switches i'll be happy if they just get the one switch to light up as you say but none of mine work. there gonna keep it a day or two to check the other problems so i get to raise hell in a rental woo hoo. i have to say i still love my cali but its already givin me more fits than any of the other mopars i've owned from new. that includes a 97 stratus, 99 stratus, 00 neon, 00 dakota(still got this one) the only one with more problems is my 55 plymouth that i got for $600 lol.
Do you have an aftermarket alarm? I had similar electrical problems, all were found to be possibly related to the alarm. I'm still waiting for my wife's caliber to return from the dealer and it will probably take a while to get a new wiring harness, but if you have an aftermarket alarm, you might want to check into this. No one's sure what caused our issues, but it's getting interesting. I'm no engineer so I'll leave fault to someone else.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had the same door lock/dome light issue a couple months back. When I pressed the door unlock button on the driver door, it would click, then die. I found that if I replace the # 10 fuse, it fixed it. Next morning, it popped the fuse again. I took it to the dealer, and they said it was a faulty door latch. They replaced it, tried the switch a bunch of times, and it was working fine. Next morning, I get to work, and it does the same thing again! I call them up, and they were shocked it was still doing it. I took it back, and they took the door panel off to find a chaffed wire that was shorting out. They re insulated it, and voila, not one prob since. (knock knock....) I don't have steering wheel radio controls, but you might mention this wire to them if you take it back to the dealer. Hope this helps:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had issues with my keyfob not locking the doors after getting out of the car. The dealer thinks it was something to do with the remote start that was installed at the dealer where they found the car for me (locate).

I brought it 3 or 4 times and on the 4th visit they made some changes. I thought the issue was fixed for good but today it did it again. It was doing it nearly every day before this but this is the first time since my last visit to the dealer which was two months ago. If it happens again in the next week or two I will bring it back in.

Very frustrating when the doors won't lock with the keyfob when you are in a hurry. I have to get back in the car, start it, turn it off and then it works.

I actually think it is something to do with the ignition. We will see!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ok y'all, I need to find that damn website where I was looking at the schematics, but on the R/T, all that stuff is wired together for the factory alarm... sounds like the module is malfunctioning. the steering wheel controls are making me scratch my head tho... maybe it still has something to do with it. And before someone says something... the windows are relayed to the factory alarm.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I now for a fact. you can lock the dores with second key on a cold day.and let it idal. except If you have done a drive cicile ie runing to the store 2 bloclk away. if your dores lock on there own. you must shut off the car to get the dores to re lock with the key. it is a pain in the but. if you lock it buy pushing down the butin. it will still unlock with the key..

i have a thing aganst puting the key in to my dore it is to hard on the prity paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts