Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so maybe this has been discussed before.BUT i wanted to know when employee pricing will be back for the caliber........

·
Registered
53 Posts
i got a friends and family discount, though i got hasseled about it, and it was a pain in the butt......i was told they dont give employee pricing on the Caliber cuz they already dont make very much money on them, they also werent offering 0% financing...no incentives to buy the Caliber, cuz its alread so popular

·
Registered
135 Posts
My45 said:
i got a friends and family discount, though i got hasseled about it, and it was a pain in the butt......i was told they dont give employee pricing on the Caliber cuz they already dont make very much money on them, they also werent offering 0% financing...no incentives to buy the Caliber, cuz its alread so popular
This is exactly what I was told. I could have gotten friends and family discount to but they were giving me so much grief about it I dropped it. (We could get more for this car, we don't have to sell it to you, we don't get many as it is and they are hard to find and you want a DISCOUNT!) I ended up at a different dealer and didn't even mention it.

Until the "newness" wears off and they are having issues selling them there probably won't be ANY incentives. If you don't have to do a dang thing to get someone to pay full price when they immediatly if not BEFORE they hit the lot, why would you?

Sucks though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got friends and family... even if they would hassle me I would hassle em back b/c it is a couple thousand.... I even argued a bunch extra on teh trade in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
it was a total pain in the butt to get the discount, but they pretty much had to give it to me b/c I was getting it thru the District Manager in my area, the guy who is in charge of what dealerships get what cars and when.....they wont be getting too many more Calibers in the future b/c of the trouble they gave me.

But i still think it was totally worth it, since it dropped the base price, which in turn lowered all my taxes i paid on it

·
Registered
135 Posts
calibur said:
I got friends and family... even if they would hassle me I would hassle em back b/c it is a couple thousand.... I even argued a bunch extra on teh trade in.
It was only like 700 bucks here

·
Registered
683 Posts
My45 said:
The reason for no employee pricing on the Caliber has nothing to do with how much the dealer makes on them. The employee discount is given by DCX, not the dealer. It's basically a factory to dealer rebate lowering the cost to the dealer and being passed on to the buyer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah the dealer didn't like me getting employee pricing too much but they were nice about it. It worked out to about $1600 off on my SXT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Huff said:
The reason for no employee pricing on the Caliber has nothing to do with how much the dealer makes on them. The employee discount is given by DCX, not the dealer. It's basically a factory to dealer rebate lowering the cost to the dealer and being passed on to the buyer.
Wow, is this true? I got EP because my mom works at the headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI and it knocked my sticker price from $19,900 to $18,100 (~9%). When I was signing for my vehicle today I asked for a couple free oil changes and/or some free swag from their Dodge store and my dealer told me that because of the EP they were making so much less money on the sale that they couldn't afford to do it. :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
interesting..yea cus i work at this medical lap in vegas and we get discounts from all major american car manufacters including daimler-chrysler, gm and ford..anyways its called affilate rewards or something like that.......and i was jus wondering about the discounts...if it appled for the caliber..

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've only seen ads for EP on 2006 models. Caliber is 2007. I got $500 from the factory because of ordering in April, the dealer threw in another $500 and then they ordered my car with a sunroof that wasn't on the original order so they said it was free ~:O). All together that's $1750, if I ever get the car. I've also been offered about the same amount off if I take delivery of a Compass that's on a different lot PLUS $1500 trade in on my POS that I'm driving now. Tempting. You can get good deals, depends on the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is just a guess but the employee pricing deal going on like someone said is a rebate from the manufacturer and not the dealer,,, I was told this. as for normal employee pricing if you buy it cause you have family could it be a dealer based thing instead of Headquarters giving the rebate in that case and that's why they don't tend to want to do it because it's coming out of the dealer's pockets? By the way, hi, my first post here. I'm planning on picking up a Caliber SXT with sunroof sometime in 2 or 3 weeks. As long as it has a sunroof, and is SXT with the 2.0 engine I don't care about the other features if my gf is happy with the color we get that is... They had one in stock here but it was silver but they can get others from other dealers so I hope to get a red, blue or yellow one.

I'm from Canada btw, just moved to Northern Alberta from Ontario Canada so I'm stuck getting a new vehicle cause I don't want to put 1500$ plus into getting our car safetied when it's worth less than 5 grand... And plus it can tow 1500 lbs so it's perfect....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i think that prolly is why dealers dont like to acknowledge the discount....because like with my discount i get it at 1% below the factory invoice price plus whatever incentives is available at the time.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
The reason incentive offerings differ per dealership is because they are all independently owned and operated; dealers have the ability to set their own prices and incentives.

If a dealership doesn’t want to offer you an incentive program there is nothing stating that they must do this as any sale is a negotiation where incentives are also on the table.

I am surprised to read that some people have gotten the Employee pricing plus offer on the Caliber. If you received EEP consider yourself lucky as this was a dealership contribution.

I wouldn’t expect any incentives to be offered on the Caliber until they start developing a surplus.
With the look of things, this may be awhile.

Employee Advantage, DCX Friends & Family and Affiliate Rewards all work a bit differently but I don't know the specifics.

Dan

·
Registered
245 Posts
mistashady said:
so what you are saying is that the dealership doesnt have to acknowledge the discount if they dont want to?
Correct, it is up to the dealership which incentive programs they choose to utilize. This is why we suggest contacting multiple dealerships to find the best deal.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I found that the "real" employee pricing varies between 2 different dealerships here! (or close to here). One ended up $800 Cdn less than the other place. I did have to present an employee control number at place #2, maybe this was the real employee friend price afterall!!

Local DC employees told me that the employee price is non-negotiable! You give them the control #, and you get a price. Badda bing budda boom.

Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
181 Posts
mistashady said:
yea i think that prolly is why dealers dont like to acknowledge the discount....because like with my discount i get it at 1% below the factory invoice price plus whatever incentives is available at the time.....
I work at Labcorp and got the discount at Bellevue Dodge here in WA. They were so nice I bought the gap and service contract when I usually don't. I spent the money I saved in other words. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
savimia said:
I work at Labcorp and got the discount at Bellevue Dodge here in WA. They were so nice I bought the gap and service contract when I usually don't. I spent the money I saved in other words. :rolleyes:
hey I work at labcorp also. I didn't realize we got a discount. How much was it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts