Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after reading all the things people are having trouble with on their calibers, I've been keeping an eye and ear on mine. I'll be having the dealer look at the exhaust pinging, dash vibe, and w/w nozzle on thursday. Today while driving, i decided to open up the windows and really listen to the engine, since it was hot out. I noticed that when i accellerate, or when the engine is under load, it sounds like it's dieseling a little. I've never heard spark knock, so could this be the warm weather spark knock? I'm running 89 right now (dealer paid for the fill up, why not upgrade a little?) have 1250 miles on the car, 2.0 w/CVT. Should I get it flashed while it's there? The power is great, and I don't want to ruin a good thing.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Trythisonforsize said:
Well, after reading all the things people are having trouble with on their calibers, I've been keeping an eye and ear on mine. I'll be having the dealer look at the exhaust pinging, dash vibe, and w/w nozzle on thursday. Today while driving, i decided to open up the windows and really listen to the engine, since it was hot out. I noticed that when i accellerate, or when the engine is under load, it sounds like it's dieseling a little. I've never heard spark knock, so could this be the warm weather spark knock? I'm running 89 right now (dealer paid for the fill up, why not upgrade a little?) have 1250 miles on the car, 2.0 w/CVT. Should I get it flashed while it's there? The power is great, and I don't want to ruin a good thing.
Don't know if you should get it "flashed" or not but that's what I'm thinking about. Several others here have had it done and from what they say the knock goes away.

Funny thing is the other day I was near a busy street and had my back to the road and heard a car with really bad engine knock. I turned toward the sound and it was a PT-Cruiser driving by. It was bad sounding (I never heard a PT sound like that before... maybe it was new:p ). Makes me wonder how bad the engine knock of the Caliber sounds to pedestrians.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
between the random engine light (that doesn't throw any codes :O) and it started to knock a little harder in recent time, I'm going to get it flashed tomorrow.

today it started doing something wierd, i was driving around base today, doing about 20-30, and the engine light came on, heard the ping, and the power of the enginewent to shit. it just went to a "safe" mode. i pulled over, and cycled the ignition, no codes, and the engine started fine, and I continued on as normal, but with the engine light still on. 3rd time. however i noted that the transmission overheat light came on and back off whenever I shifted from D to N. very odd indeed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts