Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me an idea of what the wait times are from order to delivery? The reason I am asking is that I have been attempting to get a caliber for a while with a dealer that swore they could trade one of the ones they had to get me one with my base specs. That did not happen so tonight I ordered one. I'll be keeping my eyes open though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It really depends. First, if the dealer doesn't have an allocation to a Caliber(s), then you have to wait until that dealer gets one from Dodge or NO orders will go through into "D" Status (Status D=scheduled to be built). Some people wait as much as 2 or 3 months before the dealer they went through gets an allocation for a Caliber. Fortunately for me, I only had to wait an extra month.

Once it goes into status D, it can stay in status D for a few weeks and then eventually go into status D1 (basically its on the assembly line or very close to being) and it can be in D1 status for 3 or 4 weeks, sometimes longer. After its built it roughly takes about 7 to 14 days to get to the dealer depending on how far away from the assembly plant (Belvedere, IL) the dealer is.

Remember that Dodge is 48,000 orders behind. Now not all 48,000 are being crammed onto the assembly line at once. Thats why Dodge does this dealer allocation thing. So you can order today, get an allocation today and have it start building on Monday if you're really lucky. Manufacturing is a funny thing and some people get theirs before others even though they order after someone else.

Basically...its a crapshoot. Most people are waiting at least 2-3 months depending the various things I've explained above. I ordered my Caliber SXT Sport on May 1st and it JUST went into "D" status this past Monday if that gives you any idea of how long it takes. If you order one, you'll need to be EXTREMELY patient, or find one on the lot elsewhere.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i ordered mine in march , still not even in production, maybe ill get it by fall at this stinkin rate!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The dealer I went to let me look through the ones they already had scheduled and I found one almost exactly as I wanted. That was three weeks ago and it left the factory on its way here Friday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts