Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not feeling the looooooooong stock metal antenna that comes with our Calibers (who's with me???)... I went to R&S Struass yesterday and bought a rubber black antenna replacement. It's only temporary until I can find one that the euro version caliber uses, and the VW Golf. I say the one I bought is temporary, only because it BENDS when I'm driving on the highway!!! The one that the euro cali and VW Golf uses, don't bend. (I've owned 4 VW GTI's).

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am definetly with you. I was lookin @ the replacements on Ebay today and will be buying a new antenna when my R/T comes in. How long is the antenna you bought from R&S Strauss? I saw the 13" and 15" options on ebay. They are very cheap, but I am concerned about the reception they get. It does not mention how rigid they are and whether or not they bend @ highway speeds.

I will be lookin for the one the Euro Caliber uses. Hopefully that one won't bend in the wind. I will post back here if I have any luck. However, from the pics that I have seen, it looks like the antenna is in a different place than that North American Caliber antenna. It is located over the "boot" of the vechicle. I wonder if they are compatible.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
n1vek said:
I am definetly with you. I was lookin @ the replacements on Ebay today and will be buying a new antenna when my R/T comes in. How long is the antenna you bought from R&S Strauss? I saw the 13" and 15" options on ebay. They are very cheap, but I am concerned about the reception they get. It does not mention how rigid they are and whether or not they bend @ highway speeds.

I will be lookin for the one the Euro Caliber uses. Hopefully that one won't bend in the wind. I will post back here if I have any luck. However, from the pics that I have seen, it looks like the antenna is in a different place than that North American Caliber antenna. It is located over the "boot" of the vechicle. I wonder if they are compatible.
The one on ebay is the SAME exact one I bought from Struass. It's thick in width too, the Euro version start out thick at the base, and slopes into a thinness like the stock antenna on the American made Caliber. Now unless you're willing to mount it on top of the back like the Euro version, I'd just stick with one for the front if I were you. but it can be done. I just don't want to have to do it, as it requires running the antenna cable through the roof, and into the panel of the radio dash, then into the back of radio. Which means splicing wires in such. But can be done.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
287 Posts
Let me know how it looks once you get it.

Personally, I don't think that one is as astectically pleasing as the 13". I like the black matte finish compared to what looks like metal with wire wrapped around the outside? A floppy 13" antenna would get on my nerves though. Maybe the 15" would be a good option.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
n1vek said:
Let me know how it looks once you get it.

Personally, I don't think that one is as astectically pleasing as the 13". I like the black matte finish compared to what looks like metal with wire wrapped around the outside? A floppy 13" antenna would get on my nerves though. Maybe the 15" would be a good option.
I'm with YOU! But like you said, the 13" rubber antenna that I bought from Strauss, has gotten on my nerves after the first minute of hitting the highway. That's why I bought the 15" (stock antenna is 31" ouch!), which is waaaaay better than the stock. BTW, that's NOT wire wrapped around the antenna, those are the DARKER GROOVES. I'll definitely take pics of the car AFTER I get my 18" or 19" black and chrome wheels.....;)

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It says it's for the SRT4, send a message to the seller, he should know. The ones for the above link, should fit, because it comes with 3 adapters.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got one of them euro ones for my 2001 saturn I got the same reception it just bends on the highway I like that it bends makes me think I am going really fast in the saturn.

·
Registered
197 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
It says it's for the SRT4, send a message to the seller, he should know. The ones for the above link, should fit, because it comes with 3 adapters.
I know it will fit a neon, its not different from an srt4...I am going to email them and see if it will fit the caliber, or if they have a PN for one that will fit. I looked for one at work today (Advance auto) and they are all too long LOL

·
Registered
287 Posts
That 6" option looks good to me. And the $20 price tag is looking even better.

Has anyone gone to a local auto shop (i.e Autozone, Pep Boys) and looked at their selection? I would like to be able to just walk away with my antenna rather than having to wait a few days with that fugly 31" beast. That huge ass antenna really ruins the look of the car IMO. I have been waiting over a month allready and have no build date/delivery date set. I want this thing looking good as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
yeah...my question is, since the neon and caliber are so similar as to if it will bolt right up? guess we'll see when they answer me

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just picked up a 14" flexible rubber antenna for the wife's Marine Blue SXT. It was less than $10 including tax. Got it here in So Cal from Kragen auto supply (owned by CSK Auto, Inc.). Metra P/N CK-RM1R. Comes with adapters for GM/Ford/Chrysler and ricers. Looks much better than that silver fishing pole.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,folks.I'm new and i'm from italy.Here, in Dodge Chrysler dealers, the Caliber it's available from just a month, it's a new car and I'm one of the first owners.about antenna,yes, we have a rubber one, 1.jpg but I like so much the US version, with the metallic-pole antenna on the right front side.The rubber antenna on the back of the roof, it's a problem if you place a cargo-rack on the roof, and when you have a cargo on it, you should remove it....
however the Cali it's a new one for us, we all need advices also on modifications...hi all!

·
Registered
197 Posts
are those side turn signals on your fenders? I like that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Most aftermarket antennas will fit because they will come with the adapters to work on most vehicles. As long as it claims it will work for any Dodge, it shoudl fit the Caliber fine. I bought one on Ebay that was a 9" billet one that wasn't listed for any specific vehicle. Screwed right on with the adapter and looks 100X better than the stock long one.

The thing with the shorter antennas that don't flex muxh is if you want to go through automatic car washes, you will need to remove them so they don't get broken off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
:cool: Hey froglove, Got a picture? Of the Antenna?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts