Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wanting several Caliber parts that the Euro version has and the USA version does not. So I found this image from the Dodge.co.uk web site (and don't know where else to start this thread).

Now see how the side mirrors are folding ones and the cool chrome door handles? I want those.

And these two images you can see the roof mounted antennae. I want that too.

I've come accross a local guy here that is also a Mopar dealer. I'm going to see if he can get me that parts. Will post back with details.

[edit] for bigger last image (the red one)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I can go for all of those too. Hopefully they can all be fitted to the US models! Definately post back with the details when you get them, I am curious too!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Dude what the hell! Why do the European's get all the cool stuff..I may be wrong but isn't Dodge supposed to be American?!?!! :mad:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Europe has different requirements for how cars registered there have to be built, such as folding mirrors are required on all cars/trucks (they have narrower roads and garages) and the amber turn signal indicators on the side of the fenders. This is not because DCX "wanted" to do this, it is simply because they "had" to.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You know looking at the mirrors they look an awful lot like the 300/300c/magnum/charger mirrors when I get home from work I am going to look and see if they are the same if they are you can get the 300c folding mirrors and put them. I like the chrome door handles them are sweet!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
TommyLee said:
Europe has different requirements for how cars registered there have to be built, such as folding mirrors are required on all cars/trucks (they have narrower roads and garages) and the amber turn signal indicators on the side of the fenders. This is not because DCX "wanted" to do this, it is simply because they "had" to.

Makes sense, thanks Tommy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lukeinva said:
You know looking at the mirrors they look an awful lot like the 300/300c/magnum/charger mirrors when I get home from work I am going to look and see if they are the same if they are you can get the 300c folding mirrors and put them. I like the chrome door handles them are sweet!
The Caliber side mirrors are unique. I've allready checked every DCX car there is and no other mirror, that I could find, is the same.

I've also been looking at the 05-06 300 chrome door handles. The exterior of them is exactly the same, but the little part that goes through that hole in the door is slightly different. If it wasn't for that I'd already have me a set of those handles (not positive that they will swap 100%). So I'm checking to see of the Euro Calibers are actually going to get the chomies.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TommyLee said:
Hey, GOT... Did you get the European mirrors ordered yet?
It's in the works. I'm checking to see if I those mirrors come in either body color (bright silver metalic to match the paint of my Caliber) or chrome.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
GOT said:
It's in the works. I'm checking to see if I those mirrors come in either body color (bright silver metalic to match the paint of my Caliber) or chrome.
Thats what I was thinking too. I painted the mirrors on my Neon and looks hell of a lot better and will probably do the same with the Caliber. The folding mirrors are a needed thing though.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, as already mentioned, I think those chrome covers might look ghetto. I'm not paying that much unless i see them in person and they looks good. But can't imagine a handle cover looking good.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just picked up what I thought were going to be the Euro-version of the Caliber side mirrors. Turns out that what I received are the side mirrors for the Jeep Compass and they are not interchangable (see this thread Jeep Compass mirrors WILL NOT WORK for the Caliber!. I have to return them and see about getting the correct mirrors.

Now we all know.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Satellitedriver said:
Just found some stick on chrome door handle covers for the Caliber.....anyone want to blow 56 bucks to find out if they are any good! LOL!
Well I bought from customeuro on ebay. Not currently selling But for less than 60 bucks shipping and all. They look way better than I thought they would. I don't have a great picture because Seattle has been so Sunny of late and the glare makes it hard to get a clear shot. Overcast days are so much better for picture taking. Plus I wasn't zooming in to get the handles specifically. Caliberchic has been there and done that. I think they were worth it. But everyone has to decide what they personally like and what they think is too getto.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
plumber said:
cant wait to put your hand on those on a hot hot sunny bright day
Those covers are plastic. Don't think they'll be that hot.

·
Registered
644 Posts
like the roof mount much better...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts