Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all......
New to the forum and proud owner of brand new silver R/T. First off...thanks to all who help make this forum very informative.

My question...My caliber did not come with the drivers computer installed but I would really like to have it. Does anyone know if it can be installed by dealer after the fact, or any other ideas? By the way, sorry this isn't really audio or video but i thought it would be the closest forum.

Thanks for the help

Jeff

·
Registered
182 Posts
jalenray said:
Hello all......
New to the forum and proud owner of brand new silver R/T. First off...thanks to all who help make this forum very informative.

My question...My caliber did not come with the drivers computer installed but I would really like to have it. Does anyone know if it can be installed by dealer after the fact, or any other ideas? By the way, sorry this isn't really audio or video but i thought it would be the closest forum.

Thanks for the help

Jeff
Welcome to the Forum! This is by far the best Cali Forum on the net! It is more than just a computer flash that has to be done. There are many sensors and a lot of internal wiring etc. Nothing "can't" be done...but...sorry...this should have been a decision prior to accepting your Caliber. The cost factor would be FAR too high to get everything done now. Nonetheless...you still have a GREAT car! Congrats!
Cheers!

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah you wont be able to do this, first you have to get a cluster that has EVIC and even though it is plug and play you have a problem with your mileage. If your mileage is off this will create problems with your emissions along with other things. The dealer can not change the mileage only the factory can change the mileage and they will not change it just to change it. Also the cluster is hard wired with your vin and vehicle make date and all that other important info. If this is mismatched you will start throwing codes and end up screwing up your car. I only know this because I have a 300 and I was going to switch dashes with a dodge magnum. We were both going to do the change until we found out everything. Basically if the car didnt come with EVIC there is no way you can get it. Unless of course you trade the car in and get one with EVIC.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I feel yeah you about the EVIC. I don't have one on my SXT and kind of wish that I did. However, I got what I could at the time that I needed it so I am content. I wish there was though an easier way to add these things later on down the road when situations and needs change.

·
Registered
126 Posts
lukeinva said:
yeah you wont be able to do this, first you have to get a cluster that has EVIC and even though it is plug and play you have a problem with your mileage. If your mileage is off this will create problems with your emissions along with other things. The dealer can not change the mileage only the factory can change the mileage and they will not change it just to change it. Also the cluster is hard wired with your vin and vehicle make date and all that other important info. If this is mismatched you will start throwing codes and end up screwing up your car. I only know this because I have a 300 and I was going to switch dashes with a dodge magnum. We were both going to do the change until we found out everything. Basically if the car didnt come with EVIC there is no way you can get it. Unless of course you trade the car in and get one with EVIC.
:eek: Wow, talk about your high tech gadgets. Damn, nothing is easy anymore. I remember my first car, throw open the hood, jump into the engine campartment and start working. Now a days where do you begin when you open the hood?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I always begin by pointing to a general direction under the hood and telling the Mechanic "I think that is where the Damn Rattle is coming from!"

·
Registered
171 Posts
kjguy_43 said:
:eek: Wow, talk about your high tech gadgets. Damn, nothing is easy anymore. I remember my first car, throw open the hood, jump into the engine campartment and start working. Now a days where do you begin when you open the hood?
well first you have to take off all the non-essential plastic pieces!!! lol!! Then after 2hours of taking that stuff of you can actually start to do the work you wanted to do! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts