Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added an exhaust tip to a SXT? One like the R/T tip would be nice, but I'm not about to change the muffler just for the tip.:confused:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Some Canadian Tire stores have a stainless tip the same size and shape as the R/T. 3 1/2 outlet, 2 1/4 inch inlet. The angled tail pipe from the muffler is 2 1/4 inch. Get a piece 2 1/4 pipe with a 90 degree bend. Cut both tailpipe and extra piece at 45 degrees [may take a few cuts and beers to get the right angle] Weld everything together. Make sure you leave at least 1/2 inch below the bumper to prevent rattles. For the adventurous cut a chunk out of the bumper like the R/T. I'm lucky I run out of beer before that happened.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Some Canadian Tire stores have a stainless tip the same size and shape as the R/T. 3 1/2 outlet, 2 1/4 inch inlet. The angled tail pipe from the muffler is 2 1/4 inch. Get a piece 2 1/4 pipe with a 90 degree bend. Cut both tailpipe and extra piece at 45 degrees [may take a few cuts and beers to get the right angle] Weld everything together. Make sure you leave at least 1/2 inch below the bumper to prevent rattles. For the adventurous cut a chunk out of the bumper like the R/T. I'm lucky I run out of beer before that happened.
Yeah, you'd have to do what he says because the SXT's exhaust tip angles down and there is no dent under the bumper for clearance.

·
Registered
683 Posts
That looks great! I want to add such a tip to my SXT but was worried about how much clearance is needed so the bumper does not melt. Is a thin metal heat shield needed?

·
Registered
506 Posts
don't add an exhaust tip... if your gonna do it... at least replace the muffler back... i always think tips are kinda gay...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
A 1/2 inch should do, it's about the same as the R/T. I was worried about vibration too. I should have made it about a inch or so shorter but didn't want discolouration on the bumper..........And , Mudstone, speaking of gay, a friend of mine got rear-ended on Church St in Toronto last summer, all he did was to bend over to tie his shoe.....Don't forget, all you Caliber Fairy haters, the TO Pride Day parades are next week- end .

·
Registered
135 Posts
xlimodriver said:
A 1/2 inch should do, it's about the same as the R/T. I was worried about vibration too. I should have made it about a inch or so shorter but didn't want discolouration on the bumper..........And , Mudstone, speaking of gay, a friend of mine got rear-ended on Church St in Toronto last summer, all he did was to bend over to tie his shoe.....Don't forget, all you Caliber Fairy haters, the TO Pride Day parades are next week- end .
That was great :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts