Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruzin on my way home @ 10 pm tonight, I see a raccoon run across the road. I slowed down to about 30 MPH. All-of-a-sudden, another one runs out and W-H-A-C-K!!! I stop dead (no pun intended) in the middle of the road then pull over. I went home, got quarters, and went to the self-wash. No damage but their was hair stuck in the air-dam thing. Pissed then but i guess the cali won the fight.

·
Registered
414 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
Cruzin on my way home @ 10 pm tonight, I see a raccoon run across the road. I slowed down to about 30 MPH. All-of-a-sudden, another one runs out and W-H-A-C-K!!! I stop dead (no pun intended) in the middle of the road then pull over. I went home, got quarters, and went to the self-wash. No damage but their was hair stuck in the air-dam thing. Pissed then but i guess the cali won the fight.
I bet the racoon thought "Hey that was anything but cute!" :eek:

Sorry, that was bad, I meant no offense to any racoons on this board. I am a card carrying member of PETA (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Glad your Caliber is OK!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
At least you slowed down so that the second ****-impact didn't break anything. They are big enough to completly trash modern plastic bumpers! I hit the easter-bunny once and it tore half my bumper off on the last Cavalier I had.

High-Calibur Driver said:
don't forget to add the **** skin hood bra to your list of mods!!!LOL
LOL!

·
Registered
154 Posts
That stinks, but could be worse. The only reason I was able to get my Caliber is because I got T-Boned by a deer in my '05 neon, the deer landed on the windshield and hood and mashed the throttle cable full open and blew the engine totalling the car. Thank God for Gap insurance. Oh, the deer was no keeper either, still a baby. If you run over anything these days you're lucky to avoid damage. Hopefully that's your last wildlife "run-in".

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I ran over a skunk once. My car stunk for over a year... no matter how much I washed it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
GOT said:
I hit the easter-bunny once and it tore half my bumper off on the last Cavalier I had.
Was it a solid chocolate bunny, or hollow? :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
GOT said:
I ran over a skunk once. My car stunk for over a year... no matter how much I washed it.
You should have washed it in tomato juice! :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Was it a solid chocolate bunny, or hollow? :D
It was soft and chewy on the inside.:p

orangecalibersxt said:
You should have washed it in tomato juice! :D
Yeah I thought about that for almost the entire year (before I traded it hah).

·
Registered
901 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
:( :( In early summer I hit one of a pair of baby raccoons. They were so small. Almost looked like they were 2 kids holding hands as they crossed the road, but didn't know what they were doing. Very skittish. And at the last moment, even tho I had slammed on my brakes and steered to the side, after they had run away from my car, they darted back around and -- thump whump... :( :( I felt horrible.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I usually go by the motto:

"I don't stop for small game". Anything thats small that gets in my way is a dead thing. Its too dangerous to slam on brakes and try to steer around it. Actually, the same goes for deer as far as that goes.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dodgegirlkathy, dont get me wrong, I like ya, but I didn't and still do not give a crap about the "poor raccoon". More worried about my $19,000 car!!! Rock on orangecalibersxt!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts