Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with more knowledge than me, I got an email from my dealer who I placed my Caliber order through and I guess it's still in build status with a VIN. But he mentioned that the factory is in build out status now, what does this mean?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The factory will shut down for one week in July for vacation.
According to the calendar I saw I think it's the week of the 17th.
This is ussually the changeover period for the next model year.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The shutdown won’t be happening for the Belvedere IL plant which produces the Calibers. The plant was in shutdown for retooling for quite a few months so the employees are rested up. In fact, they will ramp up production and add another shift. This has been confirmed by plant employees.

Also since the 2007 Caliber was released mid 2006, there are no foreseen changes until 2008 model year. Later in the year, you may see additional Caliber models available along with the SRT-4.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:

Also since the 2007 Caliber was released mid 2006, there are no foreseen changes until 2008 model year. Later in the year, you may see additional Caliber models available along with the SRT-4.

Cheers,
Dan
Whoa! Dan can you elaborate more one this!!!:D:D:D;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Whoa! Dan can you elaborate more one this!!!:D:D:D;)
LOL, no nothing regarding a 2.0TD quite yet.

I was speaking more on behalf of the R/T FWD and possibly the SRT-4. I would anticipate both of these models would be available later this year.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts